Grand Prix 4 Formula One Career Season 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

Interesting that both Saubers outqualifed me!

2002 Japanese GP

i2SVUro.png

eFIrKdy.png

With his 7th win of the season Kederer could secure the title, beating Donald Brugman who put up a hard fight. The Dutchman was running in 2nd until his engine blew up in the final lap, promoting Goddard to 2nd and Buurlage to the podium.
The start didn't see any changes at the front. Engberink and Kederer soon started to pull a gap to the Williams' in 3rd and 4th. Buurlage passed Martins for 6th in lap 2, and went on to put pressure on teammate Brugman, who was fueled for a one stopper and couldn't quite follow Laad and Utzer. The former of the 2 Williams drivers had make an early stop due to problems with the brakes. Sigoulakis marked the first retirement of the day, his engine blew up while running in 14th. 4 more followed until the pitstops began, Mishra, Rinneaho, and Harvey all crashed out, while Noack suffered a gearbox failure.
Brugman got up to the lead when Engberink and Kederer stopped. They got back out in 2nd and 3rd, ahead of other one stoppers Martins, Goddard, Keranen and Black. Utzer crashed out on cold tyres right after his stop, a few laps later Reed retired with a gearbox failure. The one stoppers then made their stops, during those laps the race saw two more retirements in Lintner and Keranen.
Engberink regained the lead ahead of Kederer and Buurlage, Brugman dropped to 4th. Diehl was in 5th, followed by Hunsley, Laskey, Laad, Goddard, Martins, Black, Said and Hermans. Only 13 cars still running at that point, a few laps later the number dropped to 11. Engberink had to stop with electrical problems, probably costing him another win. A bit later Diehl's car rolled out with a water leak. Final stops came, and a gap of 22 seconds wasn't enough for Kederer to keep the lead. He came out right behind Brugman. Goddard was in 3rd, Martins in 4th, behind him Buurlage, Black, Hunsley, Laskey, Laad, Said, and Heymans. Thanks to the new tyres Kederer could pass Brugman, and pulled away the following laps. Buurlage too with fresh tyres could get past Martins to 4th. With 3 laps to go Martins retired from 5th with a gearbox failure, the final lap then saw Brugman retiring from 2nd with an engine failure.

FIA Press Conference
@Donaldinho105: You put up a great fight, and the one stopper almost worked like it was supposed to. How big's the disappointment to have lost in the end?
@Mane Goddard: A good result to see out the season, what can we expect from you next year?
@Lesley Buurlage: Your best performance this season, but probably not the result you and the team had hoped for?

well back to my o so well known 4th place we go -_-. Still had an amazing season. I want to congratulate Tobi on yet another title and Donald for his awesome efforts. Mane we can't forget too, had an awesome title battle. Shame my reliability let me down the last couple of races. Also thanks to Mark for his help this season, you're an absolute legend. Looking forward already to 2003. Thanks @kedy89 for moderating this season:thumbsup:

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 161052

Happy to finish in the points at my most favourite track. Just jumping a lot of places from a low qualifying place was like San Marino 2002. We've also finished ahead of Jaguar in the WCC, and now we went up to 6th like last year. This is also the first double points for BAR, well done @The_Laskinator.

Congrats to @kedy89 for the 2002 title, @Donaldinho105 for an impressibe Ferrari season and to BAR for being extremely competitive as in 2001. :D

8th! A points finish would be so good, but still a good sign of next season.

Somebody stop @kedy89 , or he will keep getting every single title in all Forum Games. :confused::confused:

Congrats for both winning and moderating greatly! :)

Absolutely not the result we were hoping for. Our only goal here was to win the championship and everyone in the garage seems pretty disappointed. I can't even be happy with a podium what was brought to me by the retirement of my teammate

• Deleted member 161052

It's gonna be interesting who will be my Ferrari teammate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.2%