Grainy graphics?

Douglas Aird

Douglas Aird
Premium
I seem to have some grainy graphics in ACC. It's not so noticeable in races but in the showroom you can really notice it, especially on the floor.

I've seen others videos and screenshots which all look much cleaner than mine.

I'm running an RX6800 at 5760x1080. I use FSR to get some extra frames but if switched off the issue is the same.

Any suggestions as to what settings to change?

Yeah either advanced sharpening or the general sharpening setting too high I'd guess.
The resolution scale slider isn't below 100%?

In theory it could also be the geforce experience overlay that's similar to reshade/sweetFX but I doubt you accidentally activated and configured it :p

Yeah either advanced sharpening or the general sharpening setting too high I'd guess.
The resolution scale slider isn't below 100%?

In theory it could also be the geforce experience overlay that's similar to reshade/sweetFX but I doubt you accidentally activated and configured it :p
I have an AMD card so pretty sure I have no Geforce experience stuff set. :)

I think the resolution scale is 100% but I will check and look at the sharpening filters, too, as you and Andrew have suggested.

Last edited:
I have an AMD card so pretty sure I have no Geforce experience stuff set. :)

I think the resolution scale is 100% but I will check and look at the sharpening filters, too, as you and Andrew have suggested.
Oh, on AMD, afaik, you have eh... (5 minutes google)
ADRENALIN:
gioi-han-hieu-nang-cua-card-amd-5.jpg

Check the Boost and sharpening sections. You probably never opened this and I sadly have no clue to guide you at all, but if the ingame sharpening, advanced sharpening or resolution scale settings aren't the cause of it, then you might want to have a look into AMD Adrenalin!

Oh, on AMD, afaik, you have eh... (5 minutes google)
ADRENALIN:
gioi-han-hieu-nang-cua-card-amd-5.jpg

Check the Boost and sharpening sections. You probably never opened this and I sadly have no clue to guide you at all, but if the ingame sharpening, advanced sharpening or resolution scale settings aren't the cause of it, then you might want to have a look into AMD Adrenalin!
Thanks Rasmus. I have opened that section of Adrenalin before I can't remember what my settings are. I'll look at that, too.

I've been busy so not managed to get on my pc yet.

Last edited:
Thanks Rasmus. I have opened that section of Adrenalin before I can't remember what my settings are. I'll look at that, too.

I've been busy so not managed to get on my pc yet.
Hi @Douglas Aird - I'm aware this thread is a bit older now, but I recently ran into the same issue with the textures suddenly being grainy the same way you describe. I also have an AMD GPU, and can't find a way to fix it.

I've looked into above options but nothing changed. Was wondering if you've found the solution?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-13 143609.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-13 143609.png
    352.2 KB · Views: 55
Hi @Douglas Aird - I'm aware this thread is a bit older now, but I recently ran into the same issue with the textures suddenly being grainy the same way you describe. I also have an AMD GPU, and can't find a way to fix it.

I've looked into above options but nothing changed. Was wondering if you've found the solution?

Hi Busso. Sadly I didn't put much more effort into solving the issue. I have been mostly racing AC since I made that post. However, I am looking to return to ACC soon so if I find out a solution I will let you know.

@Busso_GT
I used to have a grainy/unsharp image, then I changed a few settings in the Advanced section.. might have performance impact though.

in AMD Adrenalin:
1. Click Gaming at the top
2. In the Games tab, Click Assetto Corsa Competizone.
3. Open the advanced tab at the bottom.

You can up The Texture Filtering Quality to High.

1708355649451.png

These are the "basic" Graphics settings I use for ACC
1708393788079.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back