GPLM - Part II : Age of the Pioneers (1950-59)

Status
Not open for further replies.
!!!! GPLM Rules Evolution !!!!

As I said to some of you in private, there are some tiny changes I did during the early years of the game. Some values in my sheet, some things here and there. But today, I'd like to introduce something a little bit bigger :

I realized that you were all smarter than the AI and random values I've tested the game for a long time.. which is pretty logical in the end. You build a new car at the right time and you are way quicker than AI to find your target number. Fine. But we have two issues that can be solved with one thing.

First, the pace of the drivers is too powerful. Fangio is around 8PP faster than the worst driver on the grid which means that he could win a race with the worst current car we have..

Second, Technology is also a little bit too powerful as a new chassis can become lethal in less than one season if you're lucky enough with the target number.

So how to easily solve this at once ?
The "target number" system will become a little bit more powerful. Currently, every rank gives you 2PP. It will now be 3PP. It will increase the gap between the back markers and the top teams, making both the drivers and the Technology less powerful.

This will be introduced in 1955 !

Before (2PP gap between each rank)
lxZTs2J.png

From 1955 (3PP gap between each rank)
1JRXBg7.png
Currently (2PP gap between each rank)
4PgMa61.png

From 1955 (3PP gap between each rank)
HLUl8qs.png

First, the pace of the drivers is too powerful. Fangio is around 8PP faster than the worst driver on the grid which means that he could win a race with the worst current car we have..
Looking at late 1954 picture, does that mean he managed to win title in one of worst cars at the moment? :p

On topic, it seams good, tech was looking OP a bit. :thumbsup:

Will prestige always be the last 5 seasons? Or will it just keep adding up forever? Because I am quite far below everyone else and will be for a long time.

Will prestige always be the last 5 seasons? Or will it just keep adding up forever? Because I am quite far below everyone else and will be for a long time.

Always last 5 seasons, here is quote from rules. :thumbsup:
Teams will receive a « signing position » according to their current Prestige. It is a value that is based on the results a team had during the last 5 seasons. The better the results were, the higher their « signing position » will be. A team that was able to get a title 2 years ago is more attractive for a driver than a team who never won anything. However, a team that has won the title last season is even more attractive. I don’t need to give you the exact formula that is used to calculate the Prestige, you should easily understand how it works. Every past results prior to 5 years does not count. For example, McLaren won more titles than RedBull, but the last RedBull results are currently way more attractive for a driver.

w0MTY5m.png

1955 World Grand Prix Season (1-3)
tOtPci9.png
hLtVk8W.png
V3XNwPh.png
HqMDY9m.png

Setup Window is now open for 48h :thumbsup: !

McCZO8c.png

1955 World Grand Prix Season (4-6)
5EPc9vJ.png
o3A78PM.png
Zr0V2eY.png
f7AZJVF.png

Setup Window is open for 48h :thumbsup: !

!!! GPLM Rules Evolution !!!

/ In order to continue what was started last season, I will remove what was introduced some seasons ago and which was in fact completely stupid ^^

- When two teams found their number, they are not both #1 but both #2.

It was made to reduce the gap between the back markers and the best teams... but this doesn't make sense as I currently want to increase this gap !

2/ I will also add a small feature to help you find your target number and to reduce the "randomness" of the process. It's an addition, not a replacement feature so the + - = symbols are still displayed !
SownE0c.png

The arrow is an indicator that represents how far you are from your target number.

Form.jpg

Pro Evolution Soccer 5
:inlove:

Overall a good idea that could work out and reduce the randomness / luck factor a bit. Maybe after a few seasons it needs to be tweaked (less or more seperations for example or different number ranges. But changing that will surely be easy and a logical step if there truly needs to be a change)

But the visualisation?
Honestly; for me it's not easy to look at, feels unnatural to me. Over 200 is an arrow down. Sounds more like a big arrow up to me (OVER 200!). Which is bad. So its red? Right? No, its blue. And i have to get a higher number, but the arrow is facing down. Its confusing.
-> Colors are unintuitve, symbols aswell. For myself at least. Also you then have two systems. KISS: Keep it short and simple.

Why not use one system instead of two?

Like:
++++ (over 200)
+++ (51 to 200)
++ (11 to 50)
+ (10 or less)
= (correct number)
- (10 or less)
-- (11 to 50)
--- (51 to 200)
---- (over 200)

You can support that with colors:
++++ -> dark blue
+++ -> blue
++ -> light blue
+ -> very light blue
= -> green
- -> very light red
-- -> light red
--- -> red
---- -> dark red

Maybe with these colours only one the only one symbol is enough to (so staying with +, = and # but only color them differently depending on their status)

So:
+ -> dark blue (over 200)
+ -> blue (51 to 200)
+ -> light blue (11 to 50)
+ -> very light blue (10 or less)
= -> green (correct number)
- > very light red (10 or less)
- -> light red (11 to 50)
- -> red(51 to 200)
- -> dark red (over 200)

That would be my suggestion, feel free to share your thoughts on that.

I love the idea of have 1, 2, or 3 + or - and considered recommending it myself. But colors may not be the best idea for those of us who don't see them so well. But I also think it cam still be too easy to find our number. I think increasing the range could help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes