Good, Comfortable Seat Belt Recommendation As Passively Tensioned on Active 3DOF Setup?

Currently I have a passive rig and made my own passive "seatbelt system" out of Amazon and Lowes parts. Being tightly secured/pressed into the seat does add to the level of immersion and I can't play without it now. I play primarily in VR. See picture below for this setup.

I just purchased the DOF Reality P3 system which will deliver sometime late October. My goal is to have a passive seatbelt system that is tensioned by the active movements of my seat. Rear will be actively tensioned for sure, maybe the sides can also be tensioned to the rig base that doesn't move, hence causing active tension, if it adds immersion? I'm not sure of the best way to hook it up.

Here is what I plan to do for the rear of my upcoming setup:

Here's my current seat (which I may be upgrading in the near future)

According to this post, the "straps-into-one-camlock" version with 3 inch straps is recommended vs the "single seat belt-type closure" with 2 inch straps.

If you're happy with your seatbelt setup, do you agree?
Which type do you have and do you have 4 or 5 straps?
How do you securely connect them to each other UNDER the seat?

I'm looking for a good bang for the buck, as these can get expensive for seat belts but I may spring for a more expensive one if it's really recommended and notably better.

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
I have a 5 point system and happy with it. I used to have the one that went through the bottom of the seat tight but decided I didnt like that so I have it loose, basically just holding the camlock when not using it. I actually use the side straps to keep the camlock being pulled up by the back straps. 3" is good, I wouldnt go for 2"

To be honest, I am not so sure how well passive will work on that P3, the 6dof system has such a range of moment that I dont think it will work as effectively as a 2dof or 3dof system.

I would eprsonally go with active on that setup to get the most out of both setups.

Doh, when I searched for pic of p3 it showed me p6. yeah, passive is fine for p3

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back