AC Ginetta GT4 @ Castle Combe - Sunday 24th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
You did well Gavin, there are some pretty quick drivers in our community but they all started somewhere. The majority of us are not that fast but being consistent is the key when staring out.
You did well when being lapped and the more you’re drive with us the faster you will get. Have a look at the other events we have mid week too especially the Wednesday night MX5 vs Suzuki Swift / Abarth races. They are especially well suited to new members and the MX5 is the car most people go for for a steady drive.

You did well Gavin, there are some pretty quick drivers in our community but they all started somewhere. The majority of us are not that fast but being consistent is the key when staring out.
You did well when being lapped and the more you’re drive with us the faster you will get. Have a look at the other event we have mid week too especially the Wednesday night MX5 vs Suzuki Swift / Abarth races. They are especially well suited to new members and the MX5 is the car most people go for for a steady drive.
Thanks, will do

Despite the smaller than usual grid, there was some great racing going on throughout the field.
I had several battles along the way and after my ' rural' excursion across the infield I had great fun chasing Robert to the flag.

Well done all for finishing and thanks Brian for hosting.
If you are at a loose end on Thursday 28th have a look here,

And if you're at a loose end Tuesday then have a look here for a blast in a monster around Fat Alfie's masterpiece...

Thanks Guys,

Good first AC online race tonight for me, even if I was somewhat off the pace (looks like I need a lot more practice) Nice good clean racing though so looking forward to racing here more often from now on.

Thanks again
Gavin
I am sure some slot in quickly, some don’t. I tried AMS2 last week for the first time since its updates, in a car I would normally not use. I was 4 seconds off the pace and a small field of fast drivers exaggerated it all. The end of the first lap they had all disappeared.
So I was was some what deflated, since thenI have had to practice a lot with that track and car, managed to close the gap eventually.
if we raced again I would still be off the back, but at least it would take the whole race distance till they disappeared.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

We would all have 10+ races in this car too so setups and feel for the car is fairly dialed in.
@Gav600r you might have noticed already, but you need to be running a 3 or 2 rear wing on this.
Set at 4 upwards up the drag is massive.
Stock setup is fairly competitive otherwise.

Last edited:
I am sure some slot in quickly, some don’t. I tried AMS2 last week for the first time since its updates, in a car I would normally not use. I was 4 seconds off the pace and a small field of fast drivers exaggerated it all. The end of the first lap they had all disappeared.
So I was was some what deflated, since thenI have had to practice a lot with that track and car, managed to close the gap eventually.
if we raced again I would still be off the back, but at least it would take the whole race distance till they disappeared.
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

We would all have 10+ races in this car too so setups and feel for the car is fairly dialed in.
@Gav600r you might have noticed already, but you need to be running a 3 or 2 rear wing on this.
Set at 4 upwards up the drag is massive.
Stock setup is fairly competitive otherwise.
Thanks for the advice, I just ran the default setup, will try tweaking things next time. Also didn't help I finished still with 50+ litres of fuel LOL. Look forward to the next one.

Thanks for the advice, I just ran the default setup, will try tweaking things next time. Also didn't help I finished still with 50+ litres of fuel LOL. Look forward to the next one.
Ha easy time to be found. It uses about 1 litre of fuel a minute. I have being going with 45 litres with a stop for 10-15 litres. No need to change tyres. I find the car feels a bit heavy with the full load on from the start.

Ha easy time to be found. It uses about 1 litre of fuel a minute. I have being going with 45 litres with a stop for 10-15 litres. No need to change tyres. I find the car feels a bit heavy with the full load on from the start.
one other thing was that I only seemed to get the front left tyre into the green the others were all cold/ blue for the whole race. I think they were hard compound and set at 21psi cold all round. Thanks for any advice on the tyres.

one other thing was that I only seemed to get the front left tyre into the green the others were all cold/ blue for the whole race. I think they were hard compound and set at 21psi cold all round. Thanks for any advice on the tyres.
Biggest thing with AC is getting the tire pressures right. Temp matters, but tire pressure impacts ride more (ignoring a spin that overheats tires). AC has a default tire app, but personally I like ProTyres, easier for me to understand and find "ideal" pressures. Also CBV fuel Calc is a handy app for determining fuel for a race.

That said, pre race during practice or when were on the grid, dont hesitate to ask on discord or chat what others are running. Someone will share with you / I & others can share setups here if you'd like to see what others are doing.

I also wanted to compliment you on your blue flag experiences for a first race online in AC. You did a good job keeping your pace (and keeping yourself on track), while not impeding the faster cars (at least when I was invovled). A good skill to have, even when you find more pace (multiclass racing, making passes etc) :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.