AC Ginetta GT4 @ Cadwell Park - Sunday 10th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I've been away for a long weekend so no practice. I don't know the track but I have signed up, anyway. I'll pootle along at the back and gain more experience in the Ginetta.

Wow, that was a sweaty race!

Zero practice on a new track so was ok with p10 in qualifying but I wasted some faster laps.

Got a decent start then I misjudged how much space I had and touched Pat who span. I waited so was dead last and lost all momentum and a lot of time. Apologies, Pat, I think you had a little tap on the brakes just as I was overlapping and it caught me out.

Got my head down and made zero big mistakes. I had a mid race pit and it was a bit lonely until Paul then Brian pitted and came out just before me.

Fantastic last 15-20 minutes battling, especially with Paul. I had slightly better pace but he kept it on the road and I couldn't find a way past. Great racing, Paul, and thankfully I didn't run into the back of you!

P8 in the end, I'll take it.

Thanks to everyone who raced and thanks, Brian, for organising.

Really nice racing Doug, you were slightly quicker than me but on such a narrow track it’s very hard to overtake cleanly. You did a great job in not being tempted into a send and for me it was one of the most intense races ever.
Good battles too with Brian, I couldn’t get into a nice rhythm around here but inherited several places as others went off, one scary moment early on when Rob missed his braking at the end of the Park straight behind me and missed hitting my front by a whisker, as he sailed past and onto the grass.
Well done podium and thanks Brian for organising.

Nice racing fellas. What a section of corners that is over the hill! It reminds me alot of Bathurst, more so than the Nurburgring.

Great racing with Paul, Rob, Doug.

Always great racing a new track(for me) with you guys. Can learn so much if I can keep up! I thought i was my limit in qualy but went a full 2 seconds faster in the race. Made about 4 PBs in a row following Paul :)

Thanks to all for racing, congrats to the podium and finishers, see you for the next one!

That was more fun than expected. I qualified fairly well, but it took me a few laps to adjust to race pace.

Finding the appropriate places to pass safely was a challenge (my apologies for the close calls with Brian and Paul). During the opening laps I made a few errors that took me from 4th to 10th or 11th. However, over the course of the hour I managed to make it back to 5th.

Congrats to the podium, you guys had some impressive lap times!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.