AMS2 Ginetta G40 cupcar @ Nurnburgring Sprint - Wednesday, March 16th

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Guido Trampe

AMS2 Moderator
Premium
g55.jpg
Lets all ride into the dark with this great car. Starting at the evening we will drive our cars into the night enjoying the great day night transition in AMS2. Bind a key to switch on the lights :)

Fast enough, loud enough and very agile the Ginetta will make you feel like driving a beast of a car. Proven format to many close combat races we will start the sunset sessions with the GT4 icon.
Total race time will be an hour with accelarated tyre and fuel wear. Be prepared to do a pitstop!

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server, Settings & Rules
Server Name: RaceDepartment AMS2 Raceclub
Server Password: hnyrdams2
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X3 tyre wear.
Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Gears, Factory Defaults
Track: Nurnburgring Sprint 2020
Cars: Ginetta G40
Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table
Date:
March 16th 2022
Practice: 20:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 20:45 UTC (60 minutes)

Entry List
  1. @Guido Trampe
  2. @max1966i
  3. @ehudl
  4. @Reiche
  5. @Redvaliant
  6. @GeekyDeaks
  7. Free spot
  8. Free spot
  9. Free spot
  10. Free spot
  11. Free spot
  12. Free spot
  13. Free spot
  14. Free spot
  15. Free spot
  16. Free spot
  17. Free spot
  18. Free spot
  19. Free spot
  20. Free spot
  21. Free spot
  22. Free spot
  23. Free spot
  24. Free spot
  25. Free spot
  26. Free spot
  27. Free spot
  28. Free spot
  29. Free spot

Last edited:
Its the G40 indeed. Not the G55 (GT4). More close racing this way and suitable for all levels. I like also that only limited items can be changed in the setup

Okay, with 3x tyre wear there’s a huge drop off after 40 or 45 minutes or so, wasn’t able to get within like 2 seconds and more of my fastest lap so far - being pretty consistent until then. Fuel is marginal, I ran out of fuel on the final lap, last corner, 60 minutes against AI (maybe there would have been one more lap if I made it across the finish line before cars drove past me, guess the leaders were among them and I was lapped again) - didn’t change engine mixture to anything but 1.0 though.

Final drive 3.865 was working quite well without getting into the rev limit, I might try one click longer during practice and see how it works.

Hi @Guido Trampe - I normally cannot make the Wednesday races, but I am free this evening. Can I take a spot please? I probably will not have time to practice prior to the event, so any tips on pit strategy would be very much welcome!

Yes you can. Welcome! Just change tyres and fill up the tank and you will be good. I Usualy take a bit more fuel than AMS predicts. The prediction is very thight

Last edited:
Targeting 1.9 bar as „hot“ pressure worked not so bad doing a quick test, albeit different conditions (test session, weather/time of day default) and not having any numbers from yesterday in mind, neither „hot“ pressures nor temperatures.

I wasn’t ultimately faster than last night, but I didn’t push too much right now and I’m driving on single screen right now, compared to VR in the race - considering my VR times yesterday have been considerably faster than my single screen times from the test run the day before (although that was with more fuel on board).

Too many variables for proper results, but I guess going for 1.9ish bar hot is definitely the right direction. 1,75 bar front, 1,78 bar rear in the pits for now.

79B2A905-79D4-431C-B0DB-325AA9622016.jpeg

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 167 66.8%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 111 44.4%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 117 46.8%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 43 17.2%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 70 28.0%
Back