Resource icon

Tracks Ghost Pepper Ai line & track limits for Dragon Trail 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
onehundredandfive submitted a new resource:

Ghost Pepper Ai line & track limits for Dragon Trail 0.9.0 - Aggressive lines for a great mod

Loved the Mod, hated the Ai, so I've revised the Ai Line and Track Limits for more aggressive opponents when playing against the computer.

I used '96 DTM mods (by Legion) to set the Racing Line, so this would be the best series to race on this track with my Ai Line, but I'm sure GT3 and similar cars should work fine (let me know in the comments if you have success or issues with various cars).

If you search for Dragon Trail Assetto Corsa you will find links to the track.

In the orignal...

Read more about this resource...

Hi,
Of course, no worries.

If you Open folders:
Steam,
steamapps,
common,
assettocorsa,
content,
tracks.

(Personal I duplicated the original folder and added DTM to the file name and did the same in Content Manager)

gt_dragontrail,
1seaside.

The 'fast_lane.ai' goes into the 'ai' folder
The 'side_l.csv' & 'side_r.csv' files go into the 'data' folder.

IMPORTANT:
When you go to race on the track, you MUST hold down shift button when you click 'GO', or the files will not load.

Let me know how you get on? Please feel free to ask if you are still having issues.
Many thanks

Last edited:
Hi,
Of course, no worries.

If you Open folders:
Steam,
steamapps,
common,
assettocorsa,
content,
tracks.

(Personal I duplicated the original folder and added DTM to the file name and did the same in Content Manager)

gt_dragontrail,
1seaside.

The 'fast_lane.ai' goes into the 'ai' folder
The 'side_l.csv' & 'side_r.csv' files go into the 'data' folder.

IMPORTANT:
When you go to race on the track, you MUST hold down shift button when you click 'GO', or the files will not load.

Let me know how you get on? Please feel free to ask if you are still having issues.
Many thanks
Hi,
Thanks for the clear instructions. After a bit of fiddling around I got it work. I had AI_Hints set to 1.1 which didn't play well, so after putting it to 1.0 the AI give a pretty good race. The double right hander on the opening lap (I think turn 4 and 5 ) is a bit hectic, but it's a great improvement overall.

Thanks for your help :)

Hi,
Thanks for the clear instructions. After a bit of fiddling around I got it work. I had AI_Hints set to 1.1 which didn't play well, so after putting it to 1.0 the AI give a pretty good race. The double right hander on the opening lap (I think turn 4 and 5 ) is a bit hectic, but it's a great improvement overall.

Thanks for your help :)

Thank you for your feedback.

Some times the races can be a bit messy, but that's due to the lines I created being very aggressive. I was so fed up with the lack of speed in the original version, I may have gone a bit too far with this one.

I tried to use the lines used by Sophy in the GT 7 Ai demo where the Ai uses the very extreme limits of the track, which seems to be a bit too much for ACs' Ai.

Your feedback has helped a lot, please feel free to try the newer version and let me know what you think.

Link to Ai download is in the description of the U tube video:

Tried them both and like them equally ! The more aggressive lines reminds me of the mayhem in GT sport on line races :) . I mainly use open wheelers like Legions Ford f1 1600's which are just amazing, so will probably just alternate between the two lines now depending on the vehicle of choice.

Have you thought about updating any more GT sport track conversions, like Lago Maggiore as the AI on that is ponderously slow.

Yes, that sounds like a great idea!

It is very time consuming, for instance a track I know well takes about half a day, a track I don't know takes an additional 3 or 4 hours. This is because I use simple tools and you have to know the track very well to set the Fast line, and then trace the outer limits of the tracks on each side at no more than 60kph, so the longer the track the longer it takes.

With testing various cars to ensure everything works ok, it is time consuming and why a lot of Mod track makers don't seem to bother.

I am moving to another country end of the week and I think it takes about 8 weeks for my rig to arrive, but I will have a look in about two months at that and some others.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad it has imporved your enjoyment of Dragon Trail. If you can, it would be great to see some youtube vids of your races using my Ai in some various cars, might help with future Ai line creations so I know what to look out for

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.