Getting used to a Fanatec Wheel. Quick Question

Hi,

Just a quick question regarding my CSW2.5 and setting it up.

This is all new to me so I'm still learning. My previous wheel was a bog standard 240 degree model. No control as such (except to test the FFB) and that was it.

I've noticed in all the sims I drive in (apart from RF2) the wheel rotation I'm performing is not matching what I see on screen.

In AMS I've noticed the game is set to 630 degrees. So to get the wheel right do I need to set it to 630 degrees as well? At the moment the profiler is set to 900 degrees.

Sorry for such a basic question just trying to understand how to get this right.

In Raceroom, I manually change the wheel rotation using the wheel hub settings (rather than control panel) until they both match up. Again I'm not sure if what I'm doing it right?

Thanks again,

Andrew.

They should all automatically set the rotation degrees for you. You want to leave the control panel setting on 900 and then calibrate the wheels in-game with the SEN (sensitivity) setting on the wheel set to AUT (automatic). Raceroom will need you to adjust the visual wheel rotation to 450 so it matches visually and AMS change custom wheel rotation to no and it will change automatically too.

Raceroom doesn't have a calibration tool as far as I can remember but you can check wheel rotation in controls to make sure full lock to lock registers as 100-100 with a visual bar.

AMS as an FYI will keep the wheel lock of whatever car you last used until you load up enough so if you find yourself stuck at 540 or something that will be why.

Upvote 0
They should all automatically set the rotation degrees for you. You want to leave the control panel setting on 900 and then calibrate the wheels in-game with the SEN (sensitivity) setting on the wheel set to AUT (automatic). Raceroom will need you to adjust the visual wheel rotation to 450 so it matches visually and AMS change custom wheel rotation to no and it will change automatically too.

Raceroom doesn't have a calibration tool as far as I can remember but you can check wheel rotation in controls to make sure full lock to lock registers as 100-100 with a visual bar.

AMS as an FYI will keep the wheel lock of whatever car you last used until you load up enough so if you find yourself stuck at 540 or something that will be why.

Thanks mate for the reply. Apologies if I sound a complete rookie. I'm pretty intelligent normally! lol

With the triple settings config these wheels use (on-wheel, in-game and control panel) it's just taking me some time to get used to it. I've been so busy with work and skinning requests I'm not getting as much enjoyment out of it as I would like.

Yeah that's what I thought, I leave everything on automatic, 900 degrees in the control panel settings and it should be good to go.

I had no issues with RF2, but so far with AMS, and Raceroom when I move the wheel say halfway in a single seater the onscreen wheel is only moving half that distance.

I'll double check everything and just see if I'm not missing obvious which I probably am!

Thanks again for replying though.

Upvote 0
One thing to keep in mind is that when you exit R3E your wheel will remain configured to whatever R3E had it set. One time I was very puzzled why my steering in AC became super-sensitive, but it turned out that R3E that I was running before set the wheel to 540, while AC was still thinking it was set to 900, hence almost double the sensitivity

Upvote 0
Thanks mate for the reply. Apologies if I sound a complete rookie. I'm pretty intelligent normally! lol

With the triple settings config these wheels use (on-wheel, in-game and control panel) it's just taking me some time to get used to it. I've been so busy with work and skinning requests I'm not getting as much enjoyment out of it as I would like.

Yeah that's what I thought, I leave everything on automatic, 900 degrees in the control panel settings and it should be good to go.

I had no issues with RF2, but so far with AMS, and Raceroom when I move the wheel say halfway in a single seater the onscreen wheel is only moving half that distance.

I'll double check everything and just see if I'm not missing obvious which I probably am!

Thanks again for replying though.
No worries, it can be a bit funny sometimes which is why I always keep the visual wheel on just incase it goes haywire. Most times just changing to a different profile on the wheel will fix it and then reloading the track or restarting the game, it's a bit annoying but will happen from time to time.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies