Getting MoTeC i2 running with rFactor 2

Hey guys!
I'm currently struggeling a lot getting MoTeC i2 Pro 1.1 to work with rFactor 2.
So, I already got my logfiles, but can't get any rF2 Workspace to open. I downloaded the SR4L and the Coach Dave Workspace, both made for rF2. However, once I click the i2wsp-archive files, i2 just opens, but doesn't install the Workspace. Importing the workspace doesn't work, since it's only looking for i2.wsp files.
Opening the logfiles on a default workspace works, but doesn't give all the channels needed (like Tire temps Inside/Middle/Outside in my case).
Anybody here being able to help?
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Bild_2023-12-13_205740270.png
    Bild_2023-12-13_205740270.png
    132.4 KB · Views: 64
Have you run Motec without the workspace to ensure you have it correctly installed? Motec requires a plug-in to send the data from rF2 to Motec. Here is an outdated link that mentions the plugin(s) required.

Yeah I think you have some media apps you will already have updated codec
winamp "community" app I think is one that installs it.

Just a heads up I had no issue getting it running.
All I remember is installing it and copying over the plug-ins
Hassle I had at first was changing the default folder for Logged Data ( moved it to a partition so info not lost with fresh OS which I do regular )
I don't actually use it but I like to check stuff out so I ran rF2 session and it logged okay.
I then kept Motec\logged data folder for the sake of it, maybe one day I get more interest.

What about firewall ?

Hey guys!
I'm currently struggeling a lot getting MoTeC i2 Pro 1.1 to work with rFactor 2.
So, I already got my logfiles, but can't get any rF2 Workspace to open. I downloaded the SR4L and the Coach Dave Workspace, both made for rF2. However, once I click the i2wsp-archive files, i2 just opens, but doesn't install the Workspace. Importing the workspace doesn't work, since it's only looking for i2.wsp files.
Opening the logfiles on a default workspace works, but doesn't give all the channels needed (like Tire temps Inside/Middle/Outside in my case).
Anybody here being able to help?
Thanks a lot!
To get mine to work I had to download version 1.0.21 instead of the newest 1.1.5 version. If you go on their website and click the button to show older releases it will show up.

I think it's because the plugin doesn't save the log files in the right format but I'm not sure about that one.

mi2_pro_1.0.21

Maybe this......

To change the options quit out of rF2, find the MotecPlugin.ini file which should be in your main rF2 folder*, and check out the available settings (more info below).

* UAC users: try C:\Users\"YourLoginName"\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\MotecPlugin.ini **

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back