Gentleman, I need some help.

Downloading mods from this site is hit or miss for me. Sometimes its a ZIP file that works just fine, but more often than not it downloads as an internet explorer file and I cannot for the life of me figure out why its doing that. Any advise?

I am using chrome and i agree internet explorer should be long forgotten about by now lmao, and yes i am using a program to unpack files. they just keep downloading as a strange internet explorer icon in my downloads folder. ill watch the video you linked still. thank you!

I am using chrome and i agree internet explorer should be long forgotten about by now lmao, and yes i am using a program to unpack files. they just keep downloading as a strange internet explorer icon in my downloads folder. ill watch the video you linked still. thank you!
You should Google for "showing file extentions in explorer" in your Windows language.
When you see what file type the files are, you don't rely on icons anymore.
The icon is simply what Windows has set as "standard program" for that file type.
You can change that, when you change the standard program.

For example PDF files can easily be opened by chrome, Edge, Adobe acrobat, pdf24 etc etc.

If you have a file type that Windows didn't assign a standard program for yet...
Like .rar, it will ask you when you try to open the file.
Then you can choose a program and also select "make this the standard program".
Fun fact: Windows doesn't check if the program can actually open the file type...
So you can end up with custom file types from games getting the power point icon.

For .rar most people will either see the 7-zip or the winrar icon :)
But you could also select notepad for it and be amused from the hieroglyphs you'll see... :p

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • More leagues

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Prizes

• Trophies

• Forum trophies