garage exit problem

stevem

GearGrinder
I have an issue where the garage area is behind a wall and the exit to the pit lane is centered in front of garage spot 16. When the AI tries to exit the garage, they drive into the wall. How do I fix this?

Attachments

• capture_02192014_065944.jpg
    capture_02192014_065944.jpg
    381.9 KB · Views: 340
garage depth = 1 does not fix it. If you look at the picture you will see that the wall is between the garage and the pitlane. Anyway, unchecking the collide option in the wall properties works. humans will assume the wall is solid.

You'll have to use the official AIW editor. A lot of tracks have garages that are some distance from the pit lane, so there is a way to have 'branches' from the main pit path. It's not something I've ever done, so I recommend looking through the AIW thread on this forum or searching on youtube, where it might be demonstrated.

simply way is to make a waypoint from garages to the pitlane,

1)make a new waypoint from garages to your pit lane, closing off one end that not used (end capped it closed).
2) join your garages to the pit lane.
3) if the garages are small Enclose a invisible wall around the garages area along the route to pit lane, that way the aiw will remain in the area required not drive all over the place.(not necessary but safe option - has some ai seem to look for the quick route out.
4) redo Corridors,
5 save aiw file

if you try to join to race track, instead off pit lane. your need to find the waypoints(2) marks in aiw file and re-edited them to Waypoint(1). if memory servers me right,

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%