Game failing to launch.

I can't get Assetto Corsa to launch. Getting a dialogue box saying:

Couldn't load file or assembly 'System core version = 4.0.0.0, PublicKeyToken = b77a5c56193e089' or one of it's dependencies. Invalid pointer (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004003 (E_POINTER))

Anyone any idea what that is all about?

Google dosen't come up with anything intelligible other than it might be something to do with dotNetFX4. Tried repairing and also reinstalling it. Tried validating the game files in steam. Even uninstalled and reinstalled the game but nothing working so far.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated please.

Yes, I've tried rebooting. I've tried a system restore but found only one point and that failed. It's a perennial problem. I share my computer with my kids and they load all their rubbish on it until problems start popping up. Eventually I have to load a fresh copy of Windows on a formatted partition and keep that for myself. Eventualy their partition gets so bad they start wingeing they need to use mine and rinse and repeat. Families eh?

My research seems to suggest it's a system problem which in my case is affecting Assetto but in other peoples cases it's other apps. I was just hoping someone here has had the same issue and found a solution.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 23 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 21 18.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.4%