G27 setup advice?

This game finally made me dump my old DFP and purchase a shiny new G27. Before I plug the wheel in tonight I wondered if there are any settings I may have to look at, like how to shift gears. I understood that for the Scania game there were downloads for various possible configurations. Anyone here who has any tips and advice and warnings and what not (also concerning driver setup) to get me on track ASAP tonight? ;)

In regards to the scania gearboxes; they are in ETS2 aswell. I use the range splitter gearbox because it makes it easier to skip certain gears. You will have to assign two buttons for switching ranges though. But all is explained ingame if you use the setup wizard.

Thanks, I will give it a try. Seems to me the other method (range) is a bit easier because you only have to press an extra button when you go from 6th to 7th gear... while with splitting you have to press a button every time you change gear (unless you skip one everytime too) but may be (and probably are) mistaken. ;)

Got the wheel: awesome. It's great having to use a clutch and actually change gears as in real life! I went for the spliiter method. I can easily go from 1 to 3, 5, 7, 9 and 11 and only have to switch in specific circumstances. It's also fun that the engine stops when you don't use the clutch right. It all feels so much more real!

I have the wheel at 900 degrees which feels totally real in ETS2. I disabled centering because that made turning the wheel way too hard: now I can turn it a few times for tight corners just as I would in my own (real life) car.

I just broke the engine of my truck probably due to clutch abuse... I also forget to brake with the brake pedal and stamp on the clutch all the time LOL so I had a few accidents already... ;)

BTW I have a LOT of problem with braking: the spring underneath that pedal is very strong... I almost have to stand up to brake... Maybe because it is new...?

All in all a great wheel, I have to say! So much more fun!!!

BTW I have a LOT of problem with braking: the spring underneath that pedal is very strong... I almost have to stand up to brake... Maybe because it is new...?

That's a good thing, and hopefully it will stay like that for a long time :)

Don't remember if mine was stronger before than it is now. I definitely do remember some muscle pain after longer races, when I first started using it :D

congrats, welcome to the big boys...:) but seriously the brake spring will loose some of it's strength but not much. It's just a matter of getting used to it...Like Senad I too had sore muscles when I first started using it.

LOL Okay, well, I am sure I will (also) get used to it. The first thing I am going to do tomorrow (concerning the wheel that is) is buy a flat piece of wood that's 32 cm long to put between the pedals and the wall... That thing constantly moves all over the floor with all the pressure I am putting on it! How do you guys (and girls?) keep the darned thing on its place?

In the meantime I did a job from Aberdeen to London (my longest trip yet) and it was a blast. I am already getting used to driving like I would in real life on the PC and it's great. Absolutely love how I have the wheel turns (set 900 degrees and with centering disabled). Is feels so REAL!!! Along the way I changed a few buttons a few times: while you are driving and actually using things you find out which buttons should go where and now I can do almost everything withou having to reach out for the keyboard. Awesome.

Yes, I am REALLY happy with my purchase! And with ETS2. What a relaxing game it is. ;)

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.4%