G25's brake mod

Valerio Vinassa

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,
I wanted build this thing for fun and for see if is possible find more sensibility on brake pedal.Concept is more softness/consistence along the stroke and hard when the pedal is at the bottom of the stroke, for do it I thought close the air in brake parts, I detected dimension of original parts do a CAD drawing rebuild the 2 parts in alloy with mill machine and lathe and in one cylinder I put 2 Oring for hold the air, I use the original spring with original stroke,in one cylinder put a bit of oil for take off a bit of air volume, in the upper cylinder put a valve (homemade) for replacement of the air(maybe that after many pressure on pedal inside cylinders make vacuum but this stuff is currently in study).Well,Im quite happy,now when I push on pedal for about 80% is more solid and after is more hard press,sure is not a brake pump of car but is nice use it.

Attachments

• bra1.jpg
    bra1.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 354
  • bra2.jpg
    bra2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 333
  • br1.jpg
    br1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 668
  • br2.jpg
    br2.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 554
  • br4.jpg
    br4.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 592
  • br5.jpg
    br5.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 348
  • br6.jpg
    br6.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 326
Thanks guys,

dont worry :)Abdul your solution was start idea for me and any solution done with easy parts for me is always the better solution.

yes Kris like damper.:) more oil more hard,full of oil dont move the pedal:wink:

Brian Im open book for you:tongue:

Upvote 0
you are too good guys:redface::) again THANKS

about the costs:+/-100Euro and currently I have done only 2 series, this that you see is the first try necessary for experience (Oring life,loss oil,sliding cylinder) with the second piece I can correct/modify something if necessary.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea