G25/27 Clutch mod?

No your right, most mods are of the brake pedal to try and achieve a mroe reealistic feel.

I dont think a dampered clutch pedal would make it feel any better. If anything, you should try and look into making it like the Fanatec clutch pedal, in that it is has a 'biting point'.

Upvote 0
As Fanatec put it "realistic clutch pedal with declining resistance".

Basically, it`s not just one amount of resistance when the pedal is pressed. Like a real clutch, its easy at first to about half way, gets harder, then lighter towards the end of the throw.
Hard to explain, but does the job :)

Upvote 0
o ok, next step is how do they achive this?
As ive never had a play with the fanatec pedals and all the pic's and videos ive seen dont explain much about it, and to me just looks like a spring behind the pedal.
the only thing ive seen is a video of a guy installing a mod which apears to be a cam to create the effect tho it looks like the drop off at the end of the motion is a bit too much...
heres the vid

Upvote 0
it is probably achieved using a special design spring. just like the mod spring sold for the g25/27 brake pedal that start off medium pressure and then gets harder. or it could be using 2 specially design springs

Upvote 0
i doubt it would be as simple as that because it would just get harder toward the end of the travel, and as Kris has said the CSP get harder then softer which i would imagine would be physicly imposible with a single spring as the harder section wouldnt compress till the end.
but thanx for the input dude.

Upvote 0
i doubt it would be as simple as that because it would just get harder toward the end of the travel, and as Kris has said the CSP get harder then softer which i would imagine would be physicly imposible with a single spring as the harder section wouldnt compress till the end.
but thanx for the input dude.

just tried my clutch pedal and the spring pressure is constent all the way down, i don`t tend to use my clutch much so can`t really compare it to the G25/27 clutch. but they best way to get the CSP clutch feeling is to buy a set, i know £200 seems a lot of money but you get a lot of cool stuff that works well and looks the part :D

Upvote 0
rofl, but i allready spent $300 on the perfect pedal, and to go to the CSP's would be a step back in terms of brake.
to be honest i usualy dont use the clutch much myself more of a left foot braker, but still just looking at maybe modding the clutch to feel better just because i can :p

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Forum trophies