AC FWD vs RWD: Abarth500/Swift/MX5@Princen Park, Wed 13th March 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I guess that´s the reason you all abondoned the Abarthination :confused::

Pogostick.PNG

That was interesting, I did not have the pace of, certainly Jason, Thomas and Allan but I also did not have an advantage over my other rival Suzuki’s rivals. A circuit that really does not suit me, plus a load of walls, trees and kerbs, my worst nightmare.
My point, well, you don’t really need any luck if you are a second faster than everyone else, but it certainly taught me the importance of luck, boy was I a lucky chap
Everything from Hans headache to Paul falling down a hole and many other woes, difficult circuit , so well done to all finishers.:)

PS I was so into me me me meeeee i forgot to say I hope Han feels better soon.:)

Last edited:
I can add one more woe to that: after around 15 minutes of race something happen on my PC and my wheel reverted to default settings. All of a sudden I had to use double the wheel angle to go through corners. Not a pleasant experience... FPS dropped a bit as well.
My best guess is that "something" happen and caused Assetto Corsa to not be the active window anymore, which triggered logitech to switch to the default settings and it also explains the drop in FPS. Something I just could not fix in VR while driving. :(
It's a pity because I was having a lot of fun and pulling consistently good times. Once this happened I lost at least 1 second per lap and the only thing consistent on my driving was hitting a wall every 2 laps.

Oh well, there's always next week.
Congrats to the finishers, and I hope you get better soon Han, thanks for hosting it.

Cheers!
- Ricardo

Last edited:
There did appear to be some very odd things going on here!:confused:
For me, i liked the layout and could lap with some consistent times, but just when I thought I had a podium in the bag and with two laps to go disaster struck!
Looking at the replay, I didn't go off track or hit the kerb and was running a straight line between turns 9 and 10, with both right side wheels running on the beige coloured cobble stone next to the kerb. As I crossed the section of asphalt where a side road joined the track, my right front wheel dropped into a hole causing the mother of all impacts that launched me into orbit and teleport back to pits! Ouch!

Screenshot_r3_suzuki_swift_prinzen_f3ct_14-2-124-8-47-50.jpg
Screenshot_r3_suzuki_swift_prinzen_f3ct_14-2-124-8-48-23.jpg
Screenshot_r3_suzuki_swift_prinzen_f3ct_14-2-124-8-49-8.jpg

OK, so I was very close to the kerb but didn't expect that at all. You can see the difference in colour between the track and the side road so be warned if we use this again!

Well done all who finished and thanks Han for organising, hope you are feeling better soon.

Hopefully there will be no problems at Hockenheim tonight, if you want to join then we will be happy to have you along.

@Sergio Loro
Hi Sergio, we have raced on this great track of you and we found two bugs. One of them you can see above. The other one was reported as an invisible object on the left side at the beginning of the cobblestone section.

Thanks for your great mods for our community!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.