Resource icon

Tracks FVR_HAMILTON09 Latest Version

Login or Register an account to download this content
Speednut357 submitted a new resource:

FVR_HAMILTON09 - Hamilton, New Zealand Street Circuit.

This is not my Track. This is an FVRfactor track from the past.
I upload it here so that my friends who play these old games can get the track and complete the V8 Supercars Track set.

Hamilton Street track (New Zealand)was used in the V8 supercars series from 2008 to 2012. The track is pretty light on any 3D buildings. It's not very pretty. But the road itself is good and the track is challenging. There are a few trees to beautify things.

Read more about this resource...

Found something really strange in the AIW for this track. I noticed the cars weren't taking a shallow line through the Turn 2 hairpin, and it looked like they were staying in the middle of the track. Indeed, I think that's what they were doing. But it's not because the fast line was venturing outside the corridors (which is what usually causes this problem). It's because the "far edges" (FE in the guitarmaen AIW editor) are way out in the middle of the track, meaning the AI reverts to following the waypoints in the middle of the track. Check out the picture below: the AIW at the hairpin is a bit of a mess. FE are all the lines except the dark green line, which is the fast line.

Weird Hamilton AIW.png

How can this be fixed, I wonder? I'm not convinced it's possible within the guitarmaen editor.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.