• 26000+ Members! Dear Guest, click this link to join the community on the official RaceDepartment Discord server

FUEL

Keith Ettles

100RPM
Feb 26, 2008
Sounds like it could be Mindless Fun!

Codemasters has unveiled that its next driving game will be called FUEL (following on from GRID & DIRT). It promises to be the "largest racing environment to appear in gaming - ever". FUEL claims a 5,000 square-mile playing area with "no boundaries" and 16-player racing.

Simon Trendell

5000RPM
Feb 19, 2008
So did I, problem was it was so arcadey that after playing it I'd drop 1-2 seconds in any sim.
So I sold it on eBay for profit :)

E

Edward Leake

Same here, I loved the idea behind Test Drive but the driving felt awful! :(

GRID just didn't do it for me, pure arcade tripe, for me it's real feel or go home.

James Carter

75RPM
Aug 26, 2008
Same here, I loved the idea behind Test Drive but the driving felt awful! :(

GRID just didn't do it for me, pure arcade tripe, for me it's real feel or go home.
I enjoyed the F3000's but what really annoyed me was the lack of Pitstops. Totally mindless as to who made tha decision and the 24hr le mans race is dreadfull in my opinion.

Daniel Pettit

500RPM
Jan 23, 2007
Always worth a look, the Grid/Dirt driving model wasn't great at all in my book which was a shame as TRD3 actually was dam good racing fun and i had some really excellent races with that

S

Sam Michaels

codemasters have aways been good with graphics, so 5,000 square miles of it cant hurt :D

A

Andy Marsden

Always worth a look, the Grid/Dirt driving model wasn't great at all in my book which was a shame as TRD3 actually was dam good racing fun and i had some really excellent races with that
Agree with you on TRD3 there Dan, still play it occasionally myself. Yeah its sim-lite but the sheer fun and amount of cars and championships on offer is what makes it great :D

Mark Birney

3000RPM
Sep 13, 2008
Looks sweet, like the setting and the extremem weather thing. This shoudl get me back to the PS3 :)

Aug 28, 2008
You can get the demo here:
http://gameupdates.org/details.php?id=3621

I like the car physics the most even though they're still awkward. You'll start sliding just by braking. It does seem fun so maybe I'll buy it when the price halves.

BTW what is with the totally awkward menus they put in console converts these days. Is it really so hard to put everything in to one menu in stead of 5 different sub menus you have to shift between. And what is wrong with using the escape button and getting the quit button at once? Burnout paradise had the same stupid menu system. Reminds me of Assassin's Creed 15 button click quit scheme.

banger

500RPM
Mar 24, 2009
it also has awkward default controls

space=accel
ctrl=brake
left/right arrows keys= steer.

where the sense gone codemasters.