Fuel only pit stops

John Lock

Lockinvar
Does anyone know how to set up for a fuel only pit stop in any sim, instead of having to wait for tyres when they arn't needed.

thanks John

For GSC you must adjust your pit stop via the "Pit Stop Menu" that should pop up when you request a pit stop. Unfortunately you can only make these choices during the race. Offline you can simply pause the game and make your pit stop adjustments. Online is a much more challenging as you need to select the options while you drive in anger, on the straights or if you have time in the pit lane during your approach.

Last edited:
For GSC you must adjust your pit stop via the "Pit Stop Menu" that should pop up when you request a pit stop. Unfortunately you can only make these choices during the race. Offline you can simply pause the game and make your pit stop adjustments. Online is a much more challenging as you need to select the options while you drive in anger, on the straights or if you have time in the pit lane during your approach.
That's why I like my DFGT :D

Wish Reiza could do a pit menu like GTR2 (the ones that appear when you stop in the pit stall). Would help a lot people driving on joystick/keyboard

Yeh I thought as much thanks, it would be easier if you could set up individual pitstops as you want them before a race, do you know if any of the new generation sims have that option

Yeh I thought as much thanks, it would be easier if you could set up individual pitstops as you want them before a race, do you know if any of the new generation sims have that option
You can define the amount of fuel for each stop when you make a setup (at work atm, cannot tell you precisely where it is but it is part of the setup screens). That was already the case for rFactor and GTR², maybe others; no need for a new generation sims… :)

Just change every tyre in the pit stop menu to No Change. As @P*Funk above mentioned, do it on the straights, and if there aren't any long straights, start a few laps before to get to the right menu, select 1 by 1 etc. Or if you're only pitting once, do it before the race starts, or on the formation lap if there is one.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 19.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.9%