FSAE: Michigan - AutoX '18 [Beta]

Tracks FSAE: Michigan - AutoX '18 [Beta] 2018-05-07

Login or Register an account to download this content
Game crashes after loading when trying to launch a new practice session on this track. In the logs the game gets through loading the track and loading the car (tried using both a modified FSM and Abarth 500) and then crashes with a black screen.

The log states:
CRASH in:
ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 0 (Address: 0000000000000000)
DLL NON LOADED

which corresponds to a ram usage error.
In task manager, acs.exe uses ~13 gb of ram and then crashes. This is in a system that has 16gb ram. I've never run into any ram issues in the past but then again this might be an issue on my end.

Game crashes after loading when trying to launch a new practice session on this track. In the logs the game gets through loading the track and loading the car (tried using both a modified FSM and Abarth 500) and then crashes with a black screen.

The log states:
CRASH in:
ERROR: Error while initializing dbghelp.dll, GetLastError: 0 (Address: 0000000000000000)
DLL NON LOADED

which corresponds to a ram usage error.
In task manager, acs.exe uses ~13 gb of ram and then crashes. This is in a system that has 16gb ram. I've never run into any ram issues in the past but then again this might be an issue on my end.
No it's the track. It's a bit of a mess and uses massive textures for no reason. There is no reason the download should be 350+ MB for a track like this. 50 MB would be more realistic.

Oh yeah the textures are hilariously big, might be something to do with Race Track Builder since I built the environment in there. I have the information necessary to create the track accurately now so I will look into uploading a better version when I have the chance.

I circled the problem

upload_2018-5-21_22-46-50.png

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes