Front Wheel lock up under breaking

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Cody White, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Cody White

Cody White

Ratings:
    +157
    I've noticed that this year the brakes are real touchy esp when turning in under braking. It seems as though you need to be surgically precise to make a good corner at the end of a long straight or you lock up and go sliding...I run w/o abs as in 2010 the car would decelerate much quicker. Not complaining just pointing it out...gonna have to mess with my brake balance quite a bit to get a good feel! Absolutely love the handling of the car...it no longer feels like I'm driving a slot car just accelerating, braking and hiting my corners...you really have to focus on your marks to get a good lap time now...and mind your tires...they begin to wear, and the car gets to stepping out!

sorry...braking* it was a late night last night putting in lap after lap!

2. Jasjeet Suri

Jasjeet Suri

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, brake hard then when you are in 3rd/4th gear let off the brakes gradually, once you figure out how much to let go by, youll stop locking up. Takes a little practise but youll get the hang of it. And yes its very good, just like a real car. Most games are opposite, i remember forza, lock up at fast speed with high brake usage, but that doesnt happen irl.

Im finding 50% balance fine, i was using 51% but more front locks, at 50% i rarely lock.

3. Cody White

Cody White

Ratings:
    +157
    Thanks Jasjeet...I'll give it a try! I am absolutely in love with this game for sure!

4. Ken Tarvin

Ken Tarvin

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem with the front wheels locking, is they don't stop rotating...ie: there is no visual to help you understand when the wheels are locked.

5. John Robertson

John Robertson

Ratings:
    +64
    maybe that's your graphics settings? although I've got everything on low and I can still see the wheel stop, and smoke come out, and hear the tire screech, a bug perhaps?

Also I've been running my brake balance with a slight rear bias, helps on tight corners were you actually want the back to step out some

6. Ken Tarvin

Ken Tarvin

Ratings:
    +0
    PS3, so no graphic settings to fiddle with.

7. Jasjeet Suri

Jasjeet Suri

Ratings:
    +0
    On PC they stop rotating, sounds odd that they didnt implement it on PS3. Pretty stupid really.

8. James Chant

James Chant
    Premium

Ratings:
    +821
    turn brake pressure to low in the setup, this cured my locking wheels

9. Ken Tarvin

Ken Tarvin

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, stupid on my part. I had ABS on for some reason, so I never saw it.

10. Diego Lopez

Diego Lopez

Ratings:
    +288
    I can already tell this is kicking a lot of my fellow european players butt..hahahahaha im glad i got use dto it a few days earlier xD

11. Derek Kind

Derek Kind

Ratings:
    +43
    Yeah, me too. For another day or two I feel like I'm really fast. :p