rF2 Friday August 28th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Bathurst

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was going well, no dodgy overtakes during the race, although on the first lap I came down through the corkscrew to fast and managed to spin myself, but I had another rFactor runtime error, need to investigate.

• Mircea Garneata

I would like to apologize for missing the race :(
I expect lots of spanking from Bram :(
Practiced a lot today but tried to join a few minutes before session closed :(

The fun is going away in the last 3 races.

Was going on a no pit strategy

The start was crazy. I saw people not really going off the line so i slowed a little bit down, to bad the guys behind me didn't really paid attention. So banged up my car real good. Pitted selected to repair all, but the car didn't feel right anymore. Got my car banged up more during the race because i had a little mistake by myself and alot by people who spun and just re entred the track without really looking i think. Finally got smashed out of the race by a Aston (Marty i think) who was lapping me and parked his car inside my car in the last corner, because of that i smashed the wall, and the after that the car didn't drove anymore. So DNF

*Sigh*

Well my night ended early. I started getting disconnects as soon as I entered official practice. Earlier in the day I was perfectly fine and ran loads of laps. That in itself was a blast - as the P2 around Bathurst is amazing :D.

Got disconnected at the start of LMP quali and got back into the server with 1 minute left to go. So I sat in the pit knowing I would be starting the race from the back.

I also knew that the start was going to be interesting, so I didn't really gas it when the lights went green. Instead I kind of crawled up to the ensuing game of twister taking place on the grid. I then set about the first few laps just following GT's until I could nail them on the straight. This meant spending almost half a lap behind them at times, but hey, I was on a 'if I finish I will be happy strategy'.

Unfortunately - coming down the back straight all other cars disappeared (disco coming). Instead of running around like a ghost I sat in my pit box and hoped it would clear. No chance there... Came finally disconnected me and that was my night.

Thanks for setting it up - it was fun whilst it lasted and the practice laps helped me get to know the C65 a little bit more.

Off to batter the X360 now (Fight Night 4) - as I have a sudden need to beat the living daylights out of something :D.

Apologies for the start.. I got a great start and made up 2/3 rows but there was still some guys not fully off the line which I ended up clipping one of them and it turned into a big pile up. My face was over by my own stupidity.

I want to apologise to every single one for those who were caught up in that start line pile up due to me. I'll certainly be assessing my starts for future no rolling starts.

Overall the racing awareness was a lot better than last night and has given me encouragement for the future :)

Thanks guys!

WOOOOO! 2 from 2! :D

Im really happy with the result. I think i did a good race and i must say, that was probably the most fun in a race ive ever had! Driving at night was just amazing! That was really alot of fun! Congrats to all of the other winners. :D

Qualified 1st for P2 on a good lap, but i knew the race would of been tough and had to keep my head and try to make no mistakes

Race i won! I think i did well, i made only 1 mistake which didn't cost me anything so im really pleased with it. Driving at night was amazing, id love to do that again!

Congrats to all the other winners again, what a great race!

Ah I didn't pay any attention to first post.. I thought we were going to do a formation lap. So apologies for my slow start.

It was a great race with lots of battles. Already looking forward to next one. Congrats everyone.

Started ECO style again and wanted to do 1 stint only. Had less pace ofcourse then the other cars infront of me but that was calculated.

Really enjoyed the race very much, i was mega easy on the GT cars sometimes stayed behind them for more then 1/2 lap to try and catch them on the straight. Really nice racing!

Compliment to all GT's i overtook tonight, not one excluded all had great mirrors and it was good synergy.

Spun myself out in the chicane up the hill (i thought i was smacked from behind at first but the replay proved me wrong, nice feature) when my car bottomed out apparently.

Had to make a pitstop and switched from ECO to environmental unfriendly boost full supersofts and decided to hotlap the last stint.

An incident caused an early end of the race :thumb:

Definitely a great race. I had so much fun.

Unfortunately I had a few accidents, sometimes because I had too much confidence, sometimes because people didn't like being overtaken, even being lapped or on inferior classes, and then crashed right in front of me, trying to defend an almost impossible situation...

But you know what? That's racing!! That's fun, that's battling, that made me sweat a lot !!! AHAHAH

I'm hoping for the next ;)

Cheers guys!

well, mixed event;

Practice;

Very Very Good, best practice ive had, was mid pack with the GT1's. Thanks a lot to Mark A Warmington and Marty for helping me with setup and the blip problem.

Quali;

Thought it started at 19:50 but misread that was for the P1 and P2 so only got chance to get 1 lap in but ended up a couple from bottom in GT1's so not too bad.

Race;

Well...what a start :p (see video below) was carnage lol 2 guys infront of me didnt get off line and had some GT2 ramming me. All which left me with full yellow damage all around and about 3 cars from back or field. Anyway car was just about managable, fuel and tires were great so I soldiered on, spun a couple of times though trying to make up ground :( so I ended up pretty much at the back again but hey, that was my fault :p.

Then I realised that my tire was stupidly hot becasue of the suspension and couldn't really control car so rather than ruin everyone elses race I pitted to see if that would help, it didnt so I retired.
GRAB_122.jpg

The video is not to incriminate anybody, just to show the front drivers why we all were calling for a restart :p but theres no restarts in real so im not fussed; (bwt vid still uploading so quality is not good at time of writing)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8sKpf8Cgg[/ame]

Very sorry to whoever the P1/2 driver was that I hit when I was trying to give him room :( just happened too fast in my mirrors (included at end of video) sorry again.

Overall;

Still as fun as ever racing with you guys, shame I couldnt race Bathurst at night since I retired. Looking forward to future races. Also want to mention the fantasic respect that everyone had, nearly all GT2's let me pass even though they didnt have to and all LMP's and GT1's that lapped me were very sensible about where they passed and wern't right up my back side all time.

Dan.

OK 'fess up! :D. Who didn't read the briefing before entering the server :evil:. I would be the P2 sitting waiting for the carnage to clear (figured there was no point moving when everyone was obviously about to start doing donuts to point in the right direction). Also kept stalling trying to sitting on clutch :D.

LMP1

Pole for me but only because Lee didn't done a lap lol 1:52:3xx my pole lap, but Lee in practice was going 1:49:5xx :alien: :)

Start was bad should have practiced it more :sidefrown: P1 then for a few laps. Then Lee in my mirrors lol :woop: switched the boost up and we had then a nice fight. :clap::highfive: until I nailed it into the wall :rotfl: light damage...

Send Ivor into the wall when lapping. Thought you stay on your line and tryed to overtake you... but you moved into me just when I was hitting full throttle to overtake you. Missunderstanding there... sorry nothing to do there :weep:
I think its much saver when the slower cars just stay on the line and drive without doing unpredictable moves to let the much faster cars pass. :) Going wide on the outside into a courner to let faster ones pass is ok. But so unpredictable moves after the courner going suddenly from throttle and drive to the other side make it very dangerouse. Because thats exacly the point where I setting up my car to get you playing out my much stronger engine...

Was running second Lee switching on the afterburner :Banane54: and woooopsss 20secs advance to me :giggle: Tryed to drive home p2. Did my stop only fuel. All ok. Then it went darker and darker and on one lapping move I was to much concentrating on the laped car was going to wide over the courb and :hurt: heavy crash and car damaged badly. Traveled to pits and after a loooong stop went out on p5. For my surprise it seemed they fixed the bad damage and car was drivable lol. Regained to p3 in finish :)

--->Race Report<---

At least you had the nicest sounding car to overtake Ivo :) That Corvette is a joy to follow :)

To bad there where only 2 on the whole grid. Stupid Aston boys. :D

Send Ivor into the wall when lapping. Thought you stay on your line and tryed to overtake you... but you moved into me just when I was hitting full throttle to overtake you. Missunderstanding there... sorry nothing to do there :weep:

You mean me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play