Free Content, Future Development and Stefano Casillo Interview (Part 2)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Interview Free Content.jpg

We spoke at length with Stefano Casillo of Kunos Simulazioni about Assetto Corsa, some new free content incoming and all things racing...

The Sim Racing Expo was a wonderful opportunity for sim racers, developers, hardware manufacturers and the media to get together to celebrate the wonderful hobby we call sim racing. Thanks to the great access and atmosphere of the event we had the opportunity to chat with one of the key figures behind Assetto Corsa, Stefano Casillo, and he was more than happy to give us an insight into the behind the scenes workings at Kunos, plus revealing some exciting new free content coming to Assetto Corsa in the near future.

You can check out the interview below:

Originally planned as part of a standard paid DLC, Kunos scheduled the highly anticipated laser scanned version of Laguna Seca to release alongside a pack of new performance road cars for the simulation. Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances the launch of Laguna hit one or two delays against the original schedule, slipping to much further in the calendar year that was the intention when the announcement was first hinted at several months ago.

In something of a generous gesture from Kunos, the popular Italian developers have decided to release both circuit and accompanying cars to the base game for free, bringing with it a very popular drivers circuit and six new cars to the title.

The confirmed free bonus pack DLC will contain:
  • Laguna Seca Circuit
  • Alfa Rome Giulia QV
  • Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale
  • Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
  • Lamborghini Huracan Performante
  • Maserati Quattroporte
  • Pagani Huayra BC
No exact release date has been confirmed by Kunos, however it is expected that players will be in receipt of the new content before the end of 2017.

If you missed it earlier, don't forget to check out our previous interview with Stefano where we talk about the new update and Ferrari Celebration DLC.

Assetto Corsa is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

Assetto Corsa and online racing = Love! Check out our brilliant Assetto Corsa League and Club racing forum for great racing events suitable for all skills and experiences. We host regular events using popular content and guarantee a great time for all. Additionally we have a very active sub forum for the game where players can catch up on the latest news and engage with fellow community members here at RD. You can download mods from our modding archive, discuss W.I.P projects in our Modding Discussion Forum and try out a selection of car setups for a wide range of vehicles. Come on, get yourself involved in the action today!

Happy to see more free content coming to Assetto Corsa? Which car most grabs your attention from the list above? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited by a moderator:
so you've watched the vid.. you've read the article.. and you've concluded that rain is coming to assetto corsa, the naysayers were wrong and you were right?

that's worse than I thought :D
This title or the next , everyone must have watched the video and speculating not this current release of AC but maybe AC2 , from watching the video I believe personally this current game , got told I was wrong can you clarify please to which title the weather is coming to :)

I don't think that's what he meant but thanks for the laugh :D
Yeah, you bet. Happy to make you laugh.
That's what I got from what he said. His point was that recent releases put them in a position to have to raise their own bar. They will need to play a bit of catch up. I believe it's what he meant. He brought up the issue of rain. Not me. Anyway, what would the point be of proving me wrong? Just to prove me wrong?
Who cares?
Look, Kunos can not add rain for all I care. But in the end, do they really want us to play other games for this feature? If they do, then fine. We will do that. But how smart of a move would that be?

Yeah, you bet. Happy to make you laugh.
That's what I got from what he said. His point was that recent releases put them in a position to have to raise their own bar. They will need to play a bit of catch up. I believe it's what he meant. He brought up the issue of rain. Not me. Anyway, what would the point be of proving me wrong? Just to prove me wrong?
Who cares?
Look, Kunos can not add rain for all I care. But in the end, do they really want us to play other games for this feature? If they do, then fine. We will do that. But how smart of a move would that be?
Its Lord Kunos to you :p

wow... so hear me out... this is an OFFICIAL STATEMENT
Just as we (devs and "naysayers") have been repeating for the last 3-4 years...

rain and night are NOT coming to Assetto Corsa

you know... same old same old :D
Haha. You are a very strange person, I must say. Who can understand what the heck you're talking about?
Ok. Whew. So, when we talk to you, or hear you speak in a video, we can compare you to Kaz from Polyphony then? Say something, but mean something else.

MOD EDIT: Dude, be cool. Not necessary to talk like this. Paul

Haha. You are a very strange person, I must say. Who can understand what the heck you're talking about?
Ok. Whew. So, when we talk to you, or hear you speak in a video, we can compare you to Kaz from Polyphony then? Say something, but mean something else.

And honestly, from your tone, I must say that I think the asinine comments and trolling on various forums actually start with you. It appears posters actually follow YOUR lead. I can see this now. But, so be it.

On a final note: The more you post, the more you sound like Ian Bell from SMS. He's offended so many people. Basically a rude guy. You are the same. I have no respect for you or Kunos anymore.

These forums are a complete waste of time and now I know why. Because the developers themselves are not quality people.
Hey man, my comment wasn't directly to you. I just found Stefanos post funny :)
This forum can be a bit "rude", I totally get you. Nothing really we can do about, it's freedom of speech and a grey area sometimes.

To your loss of respect to Stefano/Kunos:
A few months ago I wrote a loooong, helpful post about flickering and how to counter it with sparse grid supersampling. Stefano put my ass down and made a cynic comment that everything was wrong, but provided me with a few hints and what can I say?
While my post still stands, he was right about what he said and I learnt a lot from reading about what he stated.

I one had a lecture at university with someone who treated us students in a quite similar way.
My advice: Stefano (and my prof back then) are great guys and if you get them in a right moment they are totally friendly and nice (like in this interview).
Just take the helpful things for you from his sarcastic, cynic posts and have a laugh. In the end he really knows how to poke around. :p

Hey man, my comment wasn't directly to you. I just found Stefanos post funny :)
This forum can be a bit "rude", I totally get you. Nothing really we can do about, it's freedom of speech and a grey area sometimes.

To your loss of respect to Stefano/Kunos:
A few months ago I wrote a loooong, helpful post about flickering and how to counter it with sparse grid supersampling. Stefano put my ass down and made a cynic comment that everything was wrong, but provided me with a few hints and what can I say?
While my post still stands, he was right about what he said and I learnt a lot from reading about what he stated.

I one had a lecture at university with someone who treated us students in a quite similar way.
My advice: Stefano (and my prof back then) are great guys and if you get them in a right moment they are totally friendly and nice (like in this interview).
Just take the helpful things for you from his sarcastic, cynic posts and have a laugh. In the end he really knows how to poke around. :p
I'm sorry that he smacked you down. His loss. He is rude. Who minds correction? Not me. But if someone is a jerk, I let them know. Bottom line is it's unnecessary and unkind. But if someone like cat-man can only be rude, then there's no point in talking with such a person. Anyway, cheers.

EDIT: Not deleting this but it is a bit close to the bone. Be warned. Stay respectful. Paul

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Forum trophies