Free 2 Play

this is strange:rolleyes: this is right at the bottom of the page...
Additionally, SimBin is happy to inform that the company is working on a Free2Play game platform. Further details will be revealed later this year.....:)
Does this mean gtr3 will be completed soon, as its still only a small team:D

Indeed thet are braking markers as Bekin has posted. Jay issued a comment on the RaceRoom forums:

"I dont know why a brake marker (the recorded raceline now uses a pop-up brake marker "the red marker" to enhance it's visibility) is cause for you to feel that we are selling out on the one thing that defines SimBin Studios, which is our driving experience.........

I have seen so many assumptions that are just completely wrong all over the place and which people are selling like it is the truth. And people believe it. I just say wait until you hear or see anything released by us, or form an factual opinion after you have been able to try the game yourself. It is free, so there is nothing to loose!

We will share and show a lot more from this day onwards, we just needed a great kickoff like we have had in GamesCom to officially launch this title!"

http://www.raceroom.net/forums/index.php/topic,1932.msg17082.html#msg17082

Just read the article over at Virtualr and noticed in the comments that Jean-Francois Chardon, SimBins QA lead, confirmed that we will get to test ourselves in two weeks (posted 3 days ago), but what we will get in two weeks is a teaser build from gamescon with one track and car, not the finished game.

He works for Simbin? I thought it was just a random guy posting a rumor. Well, a preview version is better than nothing. I think Simbin wants to move slowly with their new engine to see how it performs on everyone's PCs. I just hope it works on mine.

So if a sim perfectly modelled say a Mini in both car model and driving physics and it drove just like the real thing in the sim, you would not class this as a 'proper sim car'?

Are you saying if the RRRE doesn't contain certain cars, you will pass on it, no matter how good it might actually be?

Not sure why this is getting so complicated, but I want physics and FFB at least as good as GTR evo.
That's all I mean....:)

I'd like so much to have a flat rate paying model.
Let's say, you pay 30 - 50 Euros (maybe right from the start like in Minecraft/crowdfunding) and have access to all the cars and tracks still to come.
So starters still can stick their nose in and hardcore simracers buy the game just like in old times.
Maybe this will be GTR 3 - full game content on the tech basis of Raceroom?

I hope SIMBIN offer this anyhow. I don't like to pay more than for RACE + addons and receive just a small portion for it. And I own all RACE07 expansions, so I'm not afraid of spending and buying!

I'd like so much to have a flat rate paying model ... and have access to all the cars and tracks still to come... I don't like to pay more than for RACE + addons and receive just a small portion for it.[/

I think we all prefer that but for SimBin will be more profitable F2P system if people like the Sim/Game and start purchasing cars and tracks ... but it can also be a disaster if very few like it ... they are taking a risk with this system trusting that people will really like it.

Depending on quality/price i will decide ...

Not sure why this is getting so complicated, but I want physics and FFB at least as good as GTR evo.
That's all I mean....:)
Gotcha!

So you want a 'proper sim' and not necessarily a 'proper sim car'.

The way you worded it made it sound like like you would only try it if certain cars were included,lol. I now understand you want it to have a certain level of quality (FFB, physics etc.) to make it worth your while.

:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back