Frankfurt-Hahn Flughafen

Tracks Frankfurt-Hahn Flughafen 0.99a

Login or Register an account to download this content
christoph1954 submitted a new resource:

Frankfurt-Hahn Flughafen - Track along the airfield and real roads at the Frankfurt-Hahn airport.

When I was about 6 years old back in 1960, we lived in the Hunsrück and the Hahn USAF Airbase wasn´t so far away so I was there on several occations.View attachment 603623
They used the F102-Dagger then with enormous afterburner and sold icecream waffels with enormous dimensions.
I was deeply impressed.
In 1991 the USAF left and the airfiled became the home of cargo airliners and cheap flight companies.
Last year the Chinese investors went bankrupt and now I thought it would...

Read more about this resource...

Cool! Always tend to go there by bike in spring and summer, awesome roads and beautiful surroundings. Great idea for a track!:)
:cool:
Haha! This is great!
I wasn´t there since 60 years now - so I have to rely on google maps for all that. So maybe you can give some corrections if I am too much off - hope not though ;)

I really like this, it has an awesome flow and an exploration vibe as well!
Couple of things that I noticed:
1) This one I am not quite sure how it would behave (or if it is even possible), but some parts are made ouf of panels and I am missing that periodic bump of panels that you get on older highways
2) I have some performance issues around the landing guiding lights. It does not seem there is more lights than on the start/finish part, but maybe the brightness makes them worse? In VR it tanks from ~80fps to 30fps when going around that part (in both ways)

I really like this, it has an awesome flow and an exploration vibe as well!
Couple of things that I noticed:
1) This one I am not quite sure how it would behave (or if it is even possible), but some parts are made ouf of panels and I am missing that periodic bump of panels that you get on older highways
2) I have some performance issues around the landing guiding lights. It does not seem there is more lights than on the start/finish part, but maybe the brightness makes them worse? In VR it tanks from ~80fps to 30fps when going around that part (in both ways)
1. I actually struggled a lot creating a half-way feeling for the slabs - at the moment I see no better solution although I am still trying out.
2. I had the same problem in VR (not on my 4K-monitor though) with my RTX2070 gpu. I got better when I changed some of the grafics settings in content manager. I was able to get a nearly stable 90FPS with 32 cars in the night. I will try to put up a screenshot of my settings here later on, maybe that would help you.
My worst FPS breakdown was always when the streetlights started to light up around the S/F area.

christoph1954 updated Frankfurt-Hahn Flughafen with a new update entry:

Rev.09 VR-settings & extension_config

On my last session I had real bad FPS breaks, down to 30FPS while heading towards the runway approach-lights other places were not as bad but still not OK.
So I tried some changes in the extension_config with reduced visibility range of lights and it is much better now - it kept mostly 90FPS and didn´t go below 80FPS with 32 cars.
If you encounter problems with your GPU-power maybe you extract the revised "extension.zip" into the track folder.
The old config.ini is still available then.
My...

Read the rest of this update entry...

rev.0.92-Anniversary Trackday

We did a little race recently, and thought about how much fun it is to do such an illegal stuff:
Racing around an airport!
But it might be even more fun if there were no police officers to stop you, but instead telling you to "go for it!" :D.
View attachment 614718
So, anniversary of the old US-Airbase might be a good reason for a
!! TRACKDAY !!
(the actual airport is in bancruptcy anyhow).

I added some garish billboardsView attachment 614717
and it is an "Air-Show"...

Small updates to the airshow

I changed the flight levels of the jet fighter group so they are not flying in the smoke of the front row.
View attachment 616280

Because this track has a real beauty driving in the night with all the lights around - the planes were not visible!!!
So I added some lighting to iluminate the smoke and the planes a little.
View attachment 616278View attachment 616279
I hope it´s not too expensive on the FPS - for me (in VR with a RTX2070and a Valve Index) it kept a stable 90 fps...

Free to roam layout with traffic mod

There was a suggestion from "Tominator21" - if I would like to turn the Airbase-Racetrack into a free to roam space for drifting and cruising around.
Great idea!
I converted the "dead end" roads into connection roads so there is always a way back to the airfield.
View attachment 622055
View attachment 622052

No barriers and "false direction" signs - drive wherever you like!
View attachment 622053
I have added some new visual stuff and a lot of various spaces to drift around and to...

the free roam otion is amazing.. great quality map!!! keep up your great work ...

little idea for future update ... updating the Map with the Streets that are not shown yet on the mini map & android auto)

"Karting Track" and "All around the airport"

I had found there is an old "Karting track" behind the "plastic recycling plant". It´s hardly visible anymore as google maps had updated their satellite images some time ago.
View attachment 627079
Luckily I had an older version on my hard disk and tried to "rescue" this old jewel.
But to my taste "real" karting tracks are much too narrow - I´m going more for a "Rally Cross" track and made it 15m wide - as much as possible without overlapping
So here it is: CROSS KART HAHN - 1km of...

Hey Christoph, first of all: Thanks for this nice and epic map. And ofc thanks for ur work. Can maybe add mirror download to the future versions because the racedepartment is at this size pretty slow.

Last one (probably)

Added a MIG21 FISHBED-H to the "Fighter Museum".
The romanian MIG21s will be the last in active duty after 60 years ending in 2023.
She was the strongest opponent to the western jets and I thought she deserved to be remembered.

Track layouts are as follows:

View attachment 664735

As the "famous" airshow is quite a load for the computer - I left the feature for the "traffic layout" where you can free roam and a short stutter will not break your race.
The original "trackday race" has...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes