AMS2 Fourth Of July Indy Cars @ Fontana Oval

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
20230628145704_2.jpg

Hoon On The Fourth Of July
This Tuesday, being the 4th of July, is the perfect excuse to put the newly released 2023 Indy cars through their paces at an all-American oval. Fontana isn't the biggest or fastest speedway, but it'll do for the two 25 minutes sprints we have planned for the night,

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tuesday Race Club
Server Password: PW on sign up.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, 2X tyre wear
Setups: Open
Assists: Factory Defaults
Track: Fontana Auto Club Speedway
Cars: Formula USA 2023

20230628150044_1.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules
Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Race 1.
Practice:
18:30 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:00 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:15 UTC (25 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
19:45 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 19:55 UTC (25 minutes)
20230628145831_1RD.jpg

1. Redvaliant
  2. GeekyDeaks

3. Munkyboo
  4. akephoe
  5. Bas Kriesels
  6. Eric S
  7. Lloyd Johnston
  8. Free Spot
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot

Last edited:
Yeah, it was released as a kinda-almost-sorta 2023 Indy car so as not to attract too much heat. It's part of the F USA Pack and not to be confused with the Indy2023 mod car which is, well, a mod.

Well, as I understand it, there is an oval specific set up by default where the right side is a bit stiffer than the left. Also, it pays to bind the weight jacker to a button so as to adjust through the race if needed. I did a short practice yesterday and the fuel load @ X 2 means a pitstop during the 25 minute race and a possible 2nd splash at the end. Still not sure on how it will play out, but I like the fact that even a sprint race will not be a full-throttle all the time race due to the need for fuel conservation.

In will try to make it.
New to AMS2 and still have to figure out some things there. And hopefully real life won't clash with a bunch of work.

I'm in two minds about racing with only 5 cars on an oval. Will add you Eric and will confirm with you all later today about going ahead with tonight or not. What do you al think?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.