FM23 Forza Motorsport Update 4 Arrives Tomorrow

Forza Motorsport 2023 (Turn 10 Studios)
Tomorrow, Tuesday, January 16, Turn 10 Studios will deploy the Forza Motorsport Update 4 on the PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X. This update will mainly focus on new content and events, but will also introduce some new fixes and game improvements. New events across the Career, Featured Multiplayer, and Rivals will start on Thursday, January 18.

The main attraction of this update is the addition of the Daytona International Speedway. Daytona is a historic, world-famous track with banked, high-speed corners, and in Forza Motorsport, it features two distinct layouts. Master the high-velocity 2.5-mile Tri-oval Circuit and the technical, more challenging 3.59-mile Sports Car Circuit.

Daytona International Speedway was built in 1959 by NASCAR founder Bill France Sr., who wanted to create a track that was faster than any other in the world. Since then, it has hosted several races including the annual Daytona 500, as well as IndyCar and IMSA. The track was renovated in 2016 with the installation of 101,500 seats, making it one of the largest stadiums in the United States!
You will be able to compete on both layouts in Career Mode and Featured Multiplayer, set your fastest lap times in any car class in Time Attack, or enjoy a Daytona race day either solo or with your friends in Free Play and Private Multiplayer. We’ll also have a special Daytona Sports Car Series in Featured Multiplayer to replicate the excitement of the iconic race weekend.

With the release of Update 4, select existing Builders Cup series will be updated to integrate Daytona, Hockenheim, and Yas Marina.

• Deleted member 197115

Somehow graphics is much better after update, cleaner and sharper, even colors are better.
Nothing in release notes on that. Shrug.

• Deleted member 197115

Forza 7 at 8k is far better and at 8K it has the same framerate than 4K Forza Motorsport, a fail in every part this game.
Not really, but keep trying. :D

Absolutely enjoy it at the moment, great sensible physics and FFB, and now better graphics too.
Hope they fix battering AI, that the last thing on my wish list.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have FM6 Apex, FM7 and FM23 installed on my PC, and I truly don't get what people are saying about FM7 being a better game. It looks cleaner, and has a more fleshed out single player loop. But that is about it when it comes to whether its better than the new game or not. FM7 still has a busted physics engine, where drifting is the fastest way to turn, the FOV is still laughably terrible, candy-land color saturation, reverb applied as if it were hot sauce (they put that s*** on everything), the same AI people are crying about on FM23 but w/o feathering the throttle, the same car model issues (except now with sharper AA), console like wheel support (Forza Emuwheel anyone?), and multi-player is still chok-full-o-rammers (they never left FM7)...

Yup. FM7 is now, magically good...

Laughing out loud!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

It looks the same to me.
It's definitely better in my case, do you use DLAA? Not sure why I see the improvement, even on the same GeForce driver version, nothing changed setup wise, just Forza got update, may be shaders cache rebuilt did something.

It's definitely better in my case, do you use DLAA? Not sure why I see the improvement, even on the same GeForce driver version, nothing changed setup wise, just Forza got update, may be shaders cache rebuilt did something.
I don't use DLAA... I'll switch it on and see if it's finally working on my end. I play in 1080p so, there isn't much that the AI can get from lower resolutions for me.

I did notice trees moving during rainy scenerios, so they did do something. If DLAA can get me better FPS finally, I'lll be more than glad to turn it on.

:edit:

I turned it on, and its much better than the last time I ran DLAA. The tree texture pop-in is minimal, and the anti-aliasing noise is greatly reduced. The cars are indeed sharper and liveries are readable from a further distance. So far it's a big improvement over running the game without DLAA. Granted this was on VIR for the last Lancia race, so this isn't taxing the GPU that much. I'll try benchmark and another race at Daytona after finishing the Lancia events.

:edit2:

They've sharpened the Medium render quality's paint booth! With RT on, the paint booth background went from abstract shadows to folds on fabric. Plus the car is looking a lot sharper. Even the RT reflectios look better.

Yeah, they snuck these updates in.

:edit 3:
Painting changes.
You don't zoom into the wheels when painting them, but you can now move the camera around.

The RT reflects the home space. Again much clearer on Medium render quality.

Metal Flake paint texture doesn't look rough any more. The flakes are still bigger than what they should be, but the car doesn't look dimpled when its applied.

Wheels aren't as blurry when using advanced painting, again you can zoom in and get a better view of the changes.

:edit 4:
On track, medium render quality full RT + reflections & RTAO with DLAA. Stable framerate in mid 60's for me. The cars are a lot sharper, the track looks better. No texture pop-in, lighting seems brighter. Car interior is still cursed, but its almost like PCARS's focus effect. They just need to adjust the textures and Medium render would be the way to go.

I'm done updating this. They did fix DLAA and how clear the game looks, amonst other small changes. I hoe they keep this up.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

Sounds it wasn't a placebo on my end after all. Thanks for confirming.
Yes, AI update next and I am a happy clam.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.