AC Formula Thursday- Radicals at Hockenheim on March 14th.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I think I know why I got kicked. I was in VR and didn't think about adjusting chat window so maybe I got 3 cuts and didnt see the drive through warning. Maybe server is configured to kick people instead giving time penalty. As I wanted to rejoin it said I'm banned on the server. Hope I can join next time. My fault then. Next time in VR have to adjust chat window.
First race I tried Jason's shared setup in the overtime and forgot to change back to my setup which lead to going off, but I managed to get used to the completely different setup (aero and gear) and could get a good pace. Shame I didnt see the chatbox in VR, would have been more cautious and driving this car is just fun. So no luck on homeground.

Congrats to podium and cu next time.

Last edited:
Thanks for organizing, Paul!

Too little time for me to get used to the track, Thanks Jason for your setup. Just made too many mistakes to be quick enough to race with you guys. Was fun anyway, I love the car. Only need to get to know it better.

That being said, after tonights race I took the Radical out on Brands for a few laps, I do all my ACC GT practice there, it's one of my favorite tracks. I was able to do a series of steady laps there, with the same setup I used in tonights race, without the problems I had at Hockenheim. Have you tried the Radical at Brands, Paul? So much fun driving that car around at that track. I hope you'll bring us there one thursday.

Last edited:
I think I know why I got kicked. I was in VR and didn't think about adjusting chat window so maybe I got 3 cuts and didnt see the drive through warning. Maybe server is configured to kick people instead giving time penalty.
We are looking in to it Thomas, there were cuts configured with a drive through in 3 laps so maybe that was what it was but we will confirm as soon as we know.

Shame you go kicked though, you were going well up till then.

Kick setting on the server: I've got no explanation why Thomas got kicked!
1710450728486.png

I think I know why I got kicked. I was in VR and didn't think about adjusting chat window so maybe I got 3 cuts and didnt see the drive through warning. Maybe server is configured to kick people instead giving time penalty. As I wanted to rejoin it said I'm banned on the server. Hope I can join next time. My fault then. Next time in VR have to adjust chat window.
First race I tried Jason's shared setup in the overtime and forgot to change back to my setup which lead to going off, but I managed to get used to the completely different setup (aero and gear) and could get a good pace. Shame I didnt see the chatbox in VR, would have been more cautious and driving this car is just fun. So no luck on homeground.

Congrats to podium and cu next time.
You're probably right:
1710452339940.png

That was as bad as i suspected it was going to be, punted more than my fair share off, with ABS none of that would have happened.
My last ditch throw was to give Han some grief, all i manged was to give myself grief.
These track limits are a bummer, got a drive through, gave up.
All i do in this thing is constantly lock the brakes, even at a Jason advised 80%.
What with track limits and constant lock up, random "why" sudden oversteer, for me a trip around Bremgarten in the Tipo seems like a breeze.:(

PS
ironically just looked at the painful replay, I got hit by Han because he locked his brakes and slide into me.

Last edited:
We are looking in to it Thomas, there were cuts configured with a drive through in 3 laps so maybe that was what it was but we will confirm as soon as we know.

Shame you go kicked though, you were going well up till then.
All ok, no problem, actually it was my fault not seeing the cuts in VR. Was just surprised as I was not aware of it and got the kick.

I got a warning when I went slightly wide where we came back onto the GP track before the stadium section so that's probably where it was Thomas.

I got two warnings there also. Thomas, i am also in VR as you know and the message was at the very top of your display in white txt. It was hard to read and concentrate at the same time. Was also easy to miss. I don't think we can move server messages.

Having had time this morning to investigate further, the penalties for the cuts were the cause of the kicks for Thomas and Ernie.

Screenshot 2024-03-15 094842.png

Screenshot 2024-03-15 095020.png

Most of all the warnings were on the section of track where we rejoined the full GP circuit. I couldn't see what real advantage was gained by going wide there but the system just picks up cuts where ever they are.
You can see the full details of cuts and penalties on the results page of the server.

Having had time this morning to investigate further, the penalties for the cuts were the cause of the kicks for Thomas and Ernie.

View attachment 738601
View attachment 738602
Most of all the warnings were on the section of track where we rejoined the full GP circuit. I couldn't see what real advantage was gained by going wide there but the system just picks up cuts where ever they are.
You can see the full details of cuts and penalties on the results page of the server.
Well, I know that Thomas in front of me had a slight advantage by going over the track limits in turn 1. You can take more speed with you there.

My main gripe with limits is three fold
1) I find exceeding track limit more often than not actually is slower.
2) there is no warning system display, so you never know if you have got a penalty and were you got the penalty.
3) the message that you have a drive through is fleeting, and you are not always in a position to read it before it's gone, and because the same thing happens when some one disconnects from the race you can be confused as to what it said and if it referred to you.
It does not stay there???
3a) the track limits are often not correct I have seen warning when I have defiantly not exceeded then, I'd just two wheels out ( when I practice off line with penalty set )
On another point I have never seen an advantage in abusing track limits, when I follow some and like all of us, either through a mistake or because they are under pressure or struggling to keep the thing on the track.
Everytime I get this it is always because the car is difficult, the time per lap thing does not take into account of all the variation that occur either.

Ernie,
you can "cull" the messages you want to see in CM.

message center.PNG

I had two "track cut" messages in race one, but didn´t know where I had to be more carefull.
That´s not ideal.

On the other hand there are tracks where exploiting track limits definitely makes you quicker, so some kind of "checks and balances" is necessarry. BUT:
the implementation of track limits is a mixed bag, even on Kunus tracks it can be hit n miss. See frigging Red Bull Ring.

So, I can´t dee a good solution to this conundrum.

Emperor gives a warning crossing start/finish when you have cut the track and your lapmtime was faster than your average laptime. So first two warnings before you get the penalty. So only warnings and maybe penalty if you probably had an advantage.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.