Formula RR compared to Formula1 2010

Hi.
I tried out to drive the Formula RR on BarcelonaGP 2007 (custom track dl'd from Racedepartment) and compared it to Driving the Catalunya Track in Formula1 2010..

The experience definitely is different... And im not talking about the graphics...

The F1 cars changes gears a lot slower and i can use different gears in corrsponding corners... The speed feeling is less in F1, but the straights feels shorter and easier...almost too easy in Formula RR cars.
The track also feels different somehow. It looks pretty much the same but it feels as different kinds of tarmac...

Are the FRR addon in Race supposed to be F1 cars? Or something else? And what is supposed to feel closest the real stuff?

I'd like to hear what you people think. :) And yes i know RAce is 4 years old... never mind the graphics, its all about the feeling and what you think gives the most satisfaction to play/drive....

RR1 in-game displays 545kg, the physics states 610kg including the driver...

If, you think that a blend of the F1 2007 and the RR1 would make the best experience, then let me know and I'll have a play with your suggestions.

Besides the car physics, another great (if not the best) side of the RR F1 car is thats its not bound on the official F1 tracks. Although this is a Race 07 feature, it gives me a feeling of freedom.

RR1 in-game displays 545kg, the physics states 610kg including the driver...

If, you think that a blend of the F1 2007 and the RR1 would make the best experience, then let me know and I'll have a play with your suggestions.

Gunthar

Come and talk to us in the PrestoGP league forum, we're still using your mod, some people have talked about maybe switching to FRR in the future but I'm not so sure it's good enough, if your up for tweaking the physics a bit, I'm sure the lads there will have some good input

Jim

Well all, I have changed my mind. Just bought F1 2010 for PC installed it with necessary patches and gave er and WOW! better than PS3 version. I also downloaded CDPF105(i think that was what it was called). Sorry Simbin, but FRR just dropped down to fifth place in my books. My new order is Mak Corp 2007. FS2009, F1 2010, CDPF105, FRR.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.