AMS2 Formula Retro G2 @ Spielberg 1977, Tuesday 1st Febuary 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Well a great turn out and good racing guys. Apart from abit of drama at the start.
20220201204858_1.jpg

20220201213824_1.jpg

Well, that was surprising. Everyone but Steve and I was doing a 0 stopper which, as I said, was surprising since the car handles extremely poor on full tank, so I chose the 1 stopper and that made the car drivable again. That, combined with a few last minute diff changes, made for a good handling race car. As I trundled along I started to notice the scenery and thought to myself 'look how pretty the view is...' and BAM, crashed. I did that 3 times, last time I speared an armco barrier hard enough to add 5 secs to the laptime. I really should pay attention to the road, especially in this thing at these speeds... :cautious:

Btw, I STILL dont know how to get the game to change tires. I set the pit stradegy and still no.

Last edited:
I intended to stop, but saw that the tyre wear and fuel were ok at my reduced pace. As to the Pitstops, I always assign a pit strategy in the pit menu, and always name my tyre choice rather than leave it to the game to choose. It seems to work for me.

Well, that was surprising. Everyone but Steve and I was doing a 0 stopper which, as I said, was surprising since the car handles extremely poor on full tank, so I chose the 1 stopper and that made the car drivable again. That, combined with a few last minute diff changes, made for a good handling race car. As I trundled along I started to notice the scenery and thought to myself 'look how pretty the view is...' and BAM, crashed. I did that 3 times, last time I speared an armco barrier hard enough to add 5 secs to the laptime. I really should pay attention to the road, especially in this thing at these speeds... :cautious:

Btw, I STILL dont know how to get the game to change tires. I set the pit stradegy and still no.
Rather stupidly I was actually running with a full tank and then still chose to stop for fresh tyres and yes I can confirm that the car was an absolute pig with the full fuel load as could be seen by my exit from the track on the first lap.

Yeah, I guessed fairly quickly, from your pace, that you had gone with the full tank option. I tried that in practice and found the car 5-7 secs off the pace pr. lap. So I went with a 1 stopper which was much faster overall.

Jan I woud go with that the advice next time......lap times improved through the race to a point then it was trading off tire wear and reduced fuel load to achieve much the same times........at the end the tires were terrible and it was so difficult into and out of the chicane. Still could have done with one or two offs less :) ;) :) .........

Yeah, I tend to load it up to the brim and hope for the best. I was 5 seconds off my qualy time in the first part of the race, even though I did all my practice with a full fuel load and got down to a high .37 as against.41s in the race. And, the lack of a draft meant you just got murdered in the straights. Still, something to remember for the next outing of these cars. Group A cars are planned for next week, probably at Nurburgring GP.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back