rF2 Formula Renault 3.5 Silverstone Thurs 18th December

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
was going nice, slow but no damage in 8th position and then I got a white screen, everything froze and when it came back my car was wrecked and stuck in the wall, too bad :(

I was running nicely in P8 I think until the rain... Spun a few times...Decided to pit for some new tyres...got a stop go for speeding in pits...Spun a few more times...finished 12th.

Sorry Mike for the incident, I should have backed out of it going into T1. Also sorry to all the drivers that got involved and had damage. @Mike Partington

No worries. I saw you move over so went alittle wider at T1 but I think you were quite unfortunate too.

So I did warn people about my start. Now obviously it was my mistake, as I saw my throttle was stuck at 10-15% and forgot to put the car into 1st gear and so lost alot of positions at the start. I do apologize to anyone who got caught up because of it. I only started driving this mod yesterday night for a couple of hours and 1 hour before the race today so lessons learned.

The race was that bad though, despite not knowing it was going to rain and I didnt even have rain on in the settings so I had no idea how heavy it was either. It was the first time I drove in the wet in rF2 and ended up spinning 3 times and even hit the barrier and I think I had abit of damager too.. Really happy with my pace towards the end of the race though and I had great fun in the end.

Thanks everyone. I hope I could race on sunday too in the 90 min race but this was good too for my first race since fsr ended.

Nice race ! Starting with maximum fuel and so no pitstop, the same tires for the whole race !! the front ones were very worn at the end, Luffield was horrible for me to negociate.
The rain sensation was OK, not very slippery because it was drying up very quickly, good weather choice here.

I couldn't have done a better race I think, Dino and Mike were absolutely out of reach, and hopefully the rain chaos helped me a bit to stay in front :geek:

I had a good start of the line from P14 and suddenly figured out everybody is flying by. I accidentally hit the speed limiter at some point :(. Luckily i missed a little start crash this way :D
In Brookelands we had a nice 3 wide with @Frederic Schornstein and @Yuri Kasdorp still in the first lap. We had little contact but nobody spun :thumbsup:. At the end if the hanger straight i finally could overtake Yuri. After some laps between Frederic and @Tapio Rinneaho i had again big luck with a huge crash in T1. Then the rain set in and i climb some more positions. I saw @Mike Partington closing from behind and hit a small wet spot. So i went wide and he was gone. Some tire stops later i found myself in P4. @Marcel Gerber closed the gap on fresh tire quickly. But i defended P4 in the last ten minutes with all i had. I always could place my car the block Marcels way past me :p
So i can only quote Yuri from the first lap: Marcel you shall not pass :sneaky:

Wait a minute, I'm the only one without autoblip on have I changed a wrong setting?
You didn't have auto clutch on. When auto clutch is on autoblip is on automatically. Auto for good measure just incase auto wasnt said automatically enough times.

(Autoblip is automatically on in this car, it is not the same for some of the other cars where you still have to blip on the downshift even if autoclutch is on)

Last edited:
1:40.9 in qualifying. Decent for me, especially with only one lap at it. But the race wasn't so good. I always seem to be bad off the line and today was no exception, though I didn't make any mistake I was aware of.

Lap 2 I had a spin at the penultimate corner. Then a few laps later, just as it was starting to rain, Mr. Poirel had a spin around Woodcote. I saw it happening from a long way away and yet I still managed to crash into him as he was crossing the track. Shocking reaction time from me there. I had damage and it was raining so I quit. Hopefully I will be more prepared for Sunday.

Screwed up qualy 0.5 off my best and that was definetely not the limit.
Had to avoid some cars at the start and gained place. I went around the outside of @Dino Paolini in T3, but on exit my front wheel and his rear wheel touched putting me of track and to towards the end of the field.
Had some fun moments there, but a spin behind @Simon Christmann finished my race.
Still a few more mistakes later on, but it was fun and not to bad for my first race after a long break :)
Finally a race without a lot of pressure :D

1.40.3 in qually my fastest ever lap, not sure where it came from, I just nailed every sector and then we had to do it again :unsure: and I think I did a 1.41.4 :( ah well never mind :) had a couple of battles early on but a fairly lonely race for the most part.

I had a good start of the line from P14 and suddenly figured out everybody is flying by. I accidentally hit the speed limiter at some point :(. Luckily i missed a little start crash this way :D
In Brookelands we had a nice 3 wide with @Frederic Schornstein and @Yuri Kasdorp still in the first lap. We had little contact but nobody spun :thumbsup:. At the end if the hanger straight i finally could overtake Yuri. After some laps between Frederic and @Tapio Rinneaho i had again big luck with a huge crash in T1. Then the rain set in and i climb some more positions. I saw @Mike Partington closing from behind and hit a small wet spot. So i went wide and he was gone. Some tire stops later i found myself in P4. @Marcel Gerber closed the gap on fresh tire quickly. But i defended P4 in the last ten minutes with all i had. I always could place my car the block Marcels way past me :p
So i can only quote Yuri from the first lap: Marcel you shall not pass :sneaky:
I was onboard for the 3 final laps of that defence it was pretty impressive from both drivers.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%