Formula one Bar 003 Honda and Minardi PS01 by MHRacing

Cars Formula one Bar 003 Honda and Minardi PS01 by MHRacing 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
RouTaeX submitted a new resource:

Bar 003 Honda and Minardi PS01 by MHRacing - open wheeler

Based on the formula one season 2001, we are releasing the Bar 003 and Minardi PS01, these mods coming around with new features as sounds and physics. Those are older projects and we've also made further progress in certain things at that time,
as for example regarding to the visualization of our 3D models by optimizing the polygon proportion and bringing more details into account. You're welcomed to have a look at our Discord-server.

Discord...

Read more about this resource...

Hey, I noticed that this seemingly look like a good project.
The only thing, but quite major downside to me is how high the amount of poly triangles on the models are. The Minardi reached the astounding 666k overall tris on it, and the BAR-Honda went even further with 846k overall tris. It might be good for highly detailed models but all of them don't matter if it tanks the performance of the game on most PCs.

The most obvious offender to these are the tires and the suspension links on the cars :
1659278544502.png

1659278575552.png

They are all excessively high poly. And you don't need that much poly because they're all unnecessary weight to the game's performance.

Comparing this to the Kunos' Ferrari F2004 (overall 217k tris) :
1659280178020.png

The RSS Formula 2000 V10 (overall 468k tris) :
1659278108162.png

The VRC 2007 F1 cars (overall 263k tris & 209k tris on the Ferrari & McLaren, respectively) :
1659280157563.png
1659280105017.png

Or the McLaren-Mercedes MP4/13 from Virtua Simulazioni, whose car made by the person who works for RSS now (overall 168k tris) :
1659278296227.png

I get that it's a very hard work to detail the grooved tires and you want to make it as detailed as possible but as the examples from above there are better ways to make it look good with less.

The other issue regarding that is the excessive amount of triangles on the T-cams :
1659280459885.png

Here's the F2004 T-cam for comparison, it's just looks miles better with less triangles :
1659280536189.png

I hope you guys can work these issue out, because I'm happy that people like you are making honest work from scratch instead of the lazy guys who only rips stuff from other games and claimed as such.

I will follow this with great interest....

Attachments

• 1659278562369.png
    1659278562369.png
    247.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
The only thing, but quite major downside to me is how high the amount of poly triangles on the models are. The Minardi reached the astounding 666k overall tris on it, and the BAR-Honda went even further with 846k overall tris. It might be good for highly detailed models but all of them don't matter if it tanks the performance of the game on most PCs.

The most obvious offender to these are the tires and the suspension links on the cars :
View attachment 587830
View attachment 587832
They are all excessively high poly. And you don't need that much poly because they're all unnecessary weight to the game's performance.

View attachment 587847

View attachment 587821

The VRC 2007 F1 cars (overall 263k tris & 209k tris on the Ferrari & McLaren, respectively) :
View attachment 587846View attachment 587845

Or the McLaren-Mercedes MP4/13 from Virtua Simulazioni, whose car made by the person who works for RSS now (overall 168k tris) :
View attachment 587824

I get that it's a very hard work to detail the grooved tires and you want to make it as detailed as possible but as the examples from above there are better ways to make it look good with less.

The other issue regarding that is the excessive amount of triangles on the T-cams :
View attachment 587848

Here's the F2004 T-cam for comparison, it's just looks miles better with less triangles :
View attachment 587849

I hope you guys can work these issue out, because I'm happy that people like you are making honest work from scratch instead of the lazy guys who only rips stuff from other games and claimed as such.

Hey

DannyDotCom,​

First off

View attachment 587830
View attachment 587832

View attachment 587847

View attachment 587821

View attachment 587846View attachment 587845

View attachment 587824

View attachment 587848

View attachment 587849

Hey

@DannyDotCom,​

thank you for your feedback, but that's exactly what we mentioned in our post. However, in order to achieve a more realistic representation in the game, we need to work with more polygons. The performance suffers with a difference of 200-300 triangles, if at all between 2-4 fps, our style of modeling is different, since e.g., complicated parts such as cal or caliper are not compressed with simple separation or even only displayed as a texture but been modeled how it looks in real life. To make it even more understandable, these two models no longer meet our quality standard, so we have tried to make it understandable with the post description and posted pictures, but we will definitely rework those to models as well.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 223075

Ok but LODs more than 100Mo isn't to much ?

Yeah your right, since I am uneable to use symplygon I had to improvise by doing the lods and thats the real cause for lacking of performance

I am very eager to have these cars but is there a secret to installing them in Content Manager? I have tried multiple times but always get the file not found message. Any assistance greatly appreciated of course. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (44).png
    Screenshot (44).png
    70 KB · Views: 33

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering