F1 2011 formula one 2012

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
everyone,s not the same as us could you imagine what the idiots would do if we get full control at pit stops.
Formation lap, better replays, manual pit controls + manual controls behind safety car, helmet editor, more paddock action in career, damage model (but I know about licensing, and currently Codemasters CAN'T do real damage... Teams didn't agree to wreck their cars in game. Shame about F1 teams, not about Codemasters).

To be honest, game is already good to me, I really enjoy it.

I would love to see game like F1 1987 or something like that... Maybe rF2 :)

commentary

totaly agree and i would love to see it in practise and qualy sessions to would take some of the boredom away.
First off I love F1 2011.

For next year I'd like there to be more sortable filters for online play so that if I'm using a gamepad I can choose to play against other people using a gamepad and not have to play against wheel users if I don't want to. This would make online play more balanced and fair in my opinion.

I think it would be fun to have optional commentary by a real F1 TV crew in career mode. Optional meaning you can turn it off if you don't want it. I'm used to the Speed Channel crew but I'm certain that there are great race callers in the U.K. that could be put to use. I think it would add to the excitement of the game especially when playing 100% races.

tyre pressure! i'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned as its a big thing in f1.
and the pit stop thing.. its been done to good effect in f1 ce 2006. basically when you pull in for tyres ect, it shows random buttons to press in order, faster you do it faster the stop. easy!

Eliminate the garage view that swings from centre to left or right after loading. I would think most people want to go straight ahead into the TV screen to load a setup. Either way it bugs the hell out of me.

Forza style laptimes instead of doing time trials.
(forza want to work on getting the cars to turn. Theres no way a 300,000 grand mozla wouldnt tunr until below 80mph, get real turn 10) I had to get that in.

Every car turns to ghost for first sector of track. 90% of people cant do clean laps and have no intentions of slowing down for anyone. So might as well remove the brakes codemasters, noone uses them. lol.

Give the car at the rear of an incident the penaltyinstead of the one it HIT. (usually me)
I get sick of being hit from the rear or rear side and i get a penalty.

Stop the new countdown going to 30 again to begin a new countdown everytime someone leaves or enters. Unles theres 6 or less in the room?

In the real world the turkey grand prix included a lap where 3 cars SIDE BY SIDE entered and exited the final 2 turns with at leas a cars width between each. Not one incident. The tracks arent wide enough. They look wide on replays. But they arent wide enough, or the cars are to big for the track. Some parts of real tracks can fit 10 cars side by side accross the track but the game doesnt reflect this. I can understand some graphic isues would incure but it could be better even by reducing the cars size which in real life is flat and wide. The game cars are tall, not wide? Haveing said all this its a pretty great game to master on your own. Not much when you involve other people who in the real world are inconciderate. They;l say different but they are, eben me, The game is all about me. Just as the game is all about others for them? Thats the real problem with these games, not coding or minor bugs which usually get fixed. By the way codmasters, thanks for this and grid.

F1 2012 ... are your sure CM will work on ?

· Teams/Drivers/Race/Cars :
- All drivers/teams/races for season 2012
- Add third driver (test/reserve driver) on each team
- Add map with more details of each track (speed, name of turns, sectors, DRS zone, ...)
- Add an video of track while game loading
- Increase size of cars/tracks textures (in HD)

· Marshalls/Flags/Safety Car :
- Add LEDs boards colors (yellow (not only for the SC), blue)
- Add "SC" panel for marshalls
- Add yellow with red stripes flag (for rain, gasoline, oil, ... on track)
- Add white flag
- Ability to start the race under the Safety Car and red flag during race when we have heavy rain

· Race :
- Fix bugs
- Add telemetry options
- Improve AI
- Add the 107% rule (depended choice of level)
- Ability to anticipate the start and stalling at boot (depended choice of level)
- Add warm-up lap (full manual driving)
- Add teams mechanics with their panel on the pit wall
- Add celebration lap (full manual driving)
- Add podium animation/cutscene (national anthem, trophy, ...)
- Improve the damages on cars
- Add failures on cars (fire, ...)
- Ability to drive in full manual on pitlane
- Ability to have failure when changing tires (loose wheel ^^)
- Ability to abandon and go directly to the stand
- An penalty for cutting the blank line at the pit exit
- Ability to choose how much fuel to put in car for the race
- Possibility to have a real live weather (such as Flight Simulator)
- Spectator mode for one player mode (not only for multiplayers mode)
- Real official HUD (as TV)
- Ability to desactivate flags HUD (in front of screen)
- Add cutscene after red flag
- Penalty : Stop-and-Go on Silvertsone track

· Custom player :
- Add an custome player editor (to import picture, helmet, ...)

· Bonus :
- Add some bonus as rewards : old drivers, old cars, tracks, ... (on DLC ??)
- Ability to save and send videos on Youtube (as Dirt3)
- Real video of FIA introduction on game start

i think that 60% or 70% of the people who buy f1 games are hardcore f1 fans or at least racing fans,,, so its better for codemaster to focus on producing a proper F1 racing simulation. (yeah dont make it easy and stop looking at those other 30% who buy your game and then throw it after 10 or 15 mins!!) and also i'd like to see a change to the theme of the game instead of "live the life" make it something like "Build your F1 team" for instance and put some management stuff in tha game like "staff contracts, sponsors, facilities, R&D obviously, finance! :D" and of course i agree with all what Italien83 has posted above...

i would buy that game for any price, even if i had to sell my PS3!!!! :D :D

For my money, and yours (we all payed for the game).... In F1 2012, IF they are working on it... Ditch it all together!!
Instead, fix the existing problem, before creating another one. Patch it up, improve graphics, damage physics, car handling etc etc List of these things is quite long, its in previous posts.
As far as rule changes, teams, drivers and all that in F1 sport goes that will happen in 2012, release a €10 - €15 (or whatever they see fit) worth of DLC pack.
F1 2011 feels mostly like a good solid ground to work on, so... Codemasters, pls work on it.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.5%