RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I was out in both races very early on... Forgot drive through penalty and got DQ... 2nd a suspension problem....

So with that in mind I had about 20 laps to spectate each and everyone racing...and for making a chicane or "S" basically a straight line... Well I've seen it all ;)

Great racing by some, and rule book needs reading by others.

Race 1: after starting at the back of the field, never really bothered about quali, started the race and after a couple of overtakes got on with racing which most of it I was on my own. Made up places when others went off track and towards the end of the race found myself in 3rd and managed to bring it home.

Race 2: average start but there was some over ambitious driving going into T1 which caused a little mayhem for some drivers. After getting thought this somewhat unscathed, don't know how, I proceeded round the next couple of corners following Freddie untill we approched T4/T5 when cars infront started dancing around on track. I backed off as not to cause Freddie any problems as we were side by side. The next thing I know is I been hit by unseen car and pushed off track with suspension damage. Brought car back on track, now at the back of the field and found the car not handling the way it should. Proceeded to drive the car the best I could and after about half race distance found myself gaining on Freddie. We then had a really nice battle with me trying all in my power and with what the car could do to make a pass but Freddie always seem to have it covered. I eventually brought the car home in 8th, although Freddie did wait just before the finish line to let me have 7th, what a gentleman.

Thanks to Yves for putting the event on, RD for hosting and Freddie for a great race 2 fight, nice driving and all clean stuff. Also grts to Nigel for race 1 win and overall win, well done mate and again all clean stuff. Finally thanks to all that showed who raced within RD rules.

Hi Wayne, I didn't quote your post the first time because it was more a general remark but I don't want to sour the racing or the thread BUT I will say this...

Most people did cut a corner here and there (understandable because mistakes do happen). Some on the other hand took the "mistake" to the next level...

Those who did will know who they are and so do I :lol:

hi Pieter so was i the only 1 then???? if so i will take full blame.

Cheers Wayne

Too bad we didn't get more of a turnout, wide open track, small cars.

R1 For most of the race Willie and I had each other in sight. Sometimes closer than I wanted and other times not close enough. Even with a mistake or two for each of us it was close. Great fun!

R2 Early in the race everyone just took off and away from me. I figured boredom would set in and looking in my mirrors it looked like it was going to be bad for Eric too. His read on the race is good.

Thanks Yves and RD for the race!

Guy's stop it, if there was a problem with cutting don't post public accusations into the thread, instead contact one of RD staff members and it will be looked at and if necessary action against offender(s) will be taken. from this post on if cutting is mention by anyone in his race report actions against that person will also be taken for breaking RD forum rules.

Been trying to have a practice with these things which is not going well. How do you get these RWD's under control??

The setup seems even harder then the normal Beemers

LOL I'd say taek the Alfa but it's RWD too I think............Reduce lock to about 15% and soften up the shock settings. Brands has bunps and keeping the wheels in contact with the road full time is essential here. if all else fails, CRANK UP THE WING! he h ehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back