Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 70s

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, why bother any longer if I just keep getting ****ed
I don't think you ever had a chance to survive. Ligier and Renault were gaining too much PP with the top 6 sponsor.
This meant you had only the 5th best aero car come the end of the season, behind all the tier 1 teams and Ligier. And you were only ahead of Renault by 1.4PP.

The risky sponsors have just been so, so much better than the normal ones since the buff.

Anyway.. Williams is the only team right now that has 2 A class drivers: Jones and Peterson. You have no reason to quit.

I don't think you ever had a chance to survive. Ligier and Renault were gaining too much PP with the top 6 sponsor.
This meant you had only the 5th best aero car come the end of the season, behind all the tier 1 teams and Ligier. And you were only ahead of Renault by 1.4PP.

The risky sponsors have just been so, so much better than the normal ones since the buff.

Anyway.. Williams is the only team right now that has 2 A class drivers: Jones and Peterson. You have no reason to quit.
Well I saw this coming 2 seasons ago, told Meff back then already that I'll quit if it happens. And 2A my ass, going by this season's results Jones is closer to C than to A.

With all the changes lately you're pretty much screwed from start on if you lack PP, basically no chance at all to try make up for it with an alternative strategy.

With all the changes lately you're pretty much screwed from start on if you lack PP, basically no chance at all to try make up for it with an alternative strategy.
I think this is one of the main reasons Hugo decided to limit the PP carryover to the next season. Imagine if Shadow could use all 28PP? You have opportunity to save up at the end of the season if you don't think you will improve enough to change your fate in relegation. Driver/Team bets, driver bonuses, it all adds up.

Imagine if Shadow could use all 28PP?

giphy.gif

Well I saw this coming 2 seasons ago, told Meff back then already that I'll quit if it happens.
I agree with you actually. I told Meff that the podium sponsor is too OP, and that it needs to be reverted back to top 2 or win. Getting 28PP out of a possible 30 is just a touch broken imo :roflmao:

And 2A my ass, going by this season's results Jones is closer to C than to A.
Imo it's more a case of Peterson was carrying the car (which is standard for A drivers from my experience: Clark, Lauda, Fittipaldi) while Jones only got results that are as good as the car (which is normal for top of B, as bottom of B, the trash I had in the mid 70's, can't even do that). As I said, your car was only 5th best on aero tracks.
And it makes sense for him to become A now as he is still improving and won the title irl in 1980. (he will be A for sure, I enquired about it as it affected my driver choice)

I agree with you actually. I told Meff that the podium sponsor is too OP, and that it needs to be reverted back to top 2 or win. Getting 28PP out of a possible 30 is just a touch broken imo :roflmao:

Imo it's more a case of Peterson was carrying the car (which is standard for A drivers from my experience: Clark, Lauda, Fittipaldi) while Jones only got results that are as good as the car (which is normal for top of B, as bottom of B, the trash I had in the mid 70's, can't even do that). As I said, your car was only 5th best on aero tracks.
And it makes sense for him to become A now as he is still improving and won the title irl in 1980. (he will be A for sure, I enquired about it as it affected my driver choice)
The way I see it we're headed back to the v1 situation of maximum 3 teams being able to win, rather than the 4-6 (even T3) we had not too long ago.

And I stand by it, Jones should've been a C with these results. Considering Peterson's point of retirement in v1, he probably is quite close to B already.

So, is this the right time to revisit the idea of a minimum or set number of A drivers each season? With 22 drivers in the game, we could set 3 as Class A, 3 as Class D, 8 Class B, and 8 Class C. It would all just be based on Hugo ranking all the drivers by their PP and assigning the Class by their rankings.

Yeah I agree with Milos here, the podium sponsor is an instant win if you can achieve it, but if you can't, it's a death sentence. There is hardly any incentive to try and use a conservative strategy.

Arrows and Tyrrell have made a trade (G. Villeneuve <=> J. Watson + 1PP).
This way, Arrows was able to sign an A driver
4SniCCG.png

bscEkKT.png

N0H1dmp.png

j2dadGA.png

8l0bVUg.png

You have 48h to send me (in PM) :
• Your bets for the next Champions
• Your Sponsor for the season
• Your Aero, Engine & Reliability buys

Status
Not open for further replies.