Formula E | Santiago E-Prix Discussion Thread

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Welcome to the central discussion thread for the third round of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship - the Antofagasta Minerals Santiago E-Prix.

Heading to Chile for the third time in the history of the series, the ABB FIA Formula E Championship returns to the Parque O'Higgins circuit this weekend for the third round of the new 2019/20 season. With 24 drivers set to fight it out on the streets for the honour of taking top sport in what is already proving to be a tight season of racing, the weekend ahead looks all set to be another fantastic showcase of electric open wheel racing.

Refreshed following the extended break since the double-header opening round back in November at Diriyah, the teams and drivers of the 2019/20 ABB FIA Formula E Championship are in action once again this coming weekend - taking to scenic streets of Chile the third round of an already thrilling 2019/20 season.

Last time out it was a very British affair at the top of the finishing order, Sam Bird and Alex Simms coming out on top following a frantic double race weekend that saw starring debut roles for new manufacturers and series rookies alike - but can the experienced duo continue to hold of the charge of newcomers Porsche and Mercedes this weekend?

With tight tracks and closely matched cars, Formula E often throws up plenty of drama - will it be a case of points consolidation for the top two this weekend, or will the standings turn on their head and a new form driver rise to the top of the grid?

Not long left to find out!

Formula E Discussion Thread 2 (1).jpg
Formula E Discussion Thread 2 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Tried again to watch this - sorry, no. This is not the kind of racing that I like to see and that has nothing to with the sound of the cars. A driver who is supported by his social media followers gets an advantage? (wtf?)
No! Real race courses, real racing and I will try again - but until then - without me

Tried again to watch this - sorry, no. This is not the kind of racing that I like to see and that has nothing to with the sound of the cars. A driver who is supported by his social media followers gets an advantage? (wtf?)
No! Real race courses, real racing and I will try again - but until then - without me
Sums it up pretty well for me as well.

Probably a bit unfair, but the highlights video looked like a bumper car race to me. :roflmao:

Looks quite high intensity too, so there's that. I like that the cars are relatively unsettled (limited aero + road tyres) and that there are lots and lots of talented drivers who all have a fair shot.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 38 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.7%
  • €3001-5000