rF2 Formula Armaroli @ Suzuka - Wed April 28th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
usually i ask the setup to other drivers, and for my luck here there are many kind persons that always share it for guys like me that aren't able to do something decent, and i know also that there are other people like me that for other leagues or because they have no time, or because they aren't able to do a good setup, have the same problem
.....so i'm asking.....what do you think about using a good fixed setup for the next event???
I know that in rfactor there is the option for do it, but i don't know well how it works..... it would be a nice thing because i think that in this way also casual driver could have a lot of fun and not be penalised to much for the lack of training for doing a perfect setup.....i think that this would be a good way for show the driving skill of every players and for increase the fun of every race for every one.... this is only my opinion!!! ;)

P.S. i will ask it also tonight i hope that someone will share it :p :D thx again guys :D

Well unfortunatly guys, i'm going to have to pull out. Really sorry, unfortunatly some of the work i have to do for university for tomorow is taking a lot longer than I expected. Hopefully i should be able to do an event tomorow if theres any on.

Beautiful track - not so sure about the cars - will see how Suzuka goes in Touring Masters in a few weeks.

Q1: Came home 6th - after some chat distracted me.

R1: Got a good start - slotted in 4th. Nic went off and I was in 3rd. Toni made a mistake and I was in 2nd - Abdul was flying. Not in second for long - that bloody exit kerb at Degna 2 caught me. Toni got past. From there I had several laps of just a second or two behind Toni before a couple more small mistakes saw him pull away. I could see him reeling in Abdul - and hoped there might be some happenings to allow me to take another place - as it was, Abdul went off at the Esses and I nipped through - I think Abdul was out of fuel. Finished 2nd.

Q2: Got 4th with a good (for me) lap.

R2: Got an awful start - down to 6th - got past Lee and Jitesh, then went off somewhere (?) - fought back through - was behind Jitesh when I tapped him the slightest amount in the Esses. I had been mega fast through there all evening - that time I was a little too quick sorry Jitesh. Waited for him and was down to 5th? Then came across a strugling Nic to take 4th - at the next corner Jitesh had gone off and I was in 3rd where I stayed till the end.

Thanks to all that turned out :)

ok, shame first race stop my engine in a sand :-(
Race2 more fun do some laps seeing front me Adam and behind me Lee ,but in the last lap finished fuel so I cut a goal in downhill :)

C U on next track

thanks for the organization to RD Ivo and Ryan

I was leaning forward in my chair trying to nose past the line first, but alas. :p

1 pole, first here on RD :D But crap races due to me making simple mistakes. :( Although am I correct in thinking I got FL for both races?

Great races guys.

I was enjoying these cars alot. No wonder this mod is getting so much attention. Suzuka is brilliant innit...

Qualied 2nd in Race 1. Had a good start to take first place from Nicholas by turn 1. Kept that position the entire race only for my fuel to dry up at the last lap.

Qualied 1st in Race 2. I made sure I had enough fuel this time LOL. rFactor does take its sweet time to sync all cars with just 35seconds. Had a good start and stayed ahead of the pack. Car felt great but later on with tyres starting to heat up and my engine temps rising I decided to reduce my speed. This made Mattia started gaining on me fast. Finished with just few seconds ahead of him.

Great event guys. Not very familiar with rF but I do enjoy the occassion race with RDers.

Thanks Ivo, Ryan and RD.

Thanks to all participants.

Had a great evening

Race 1 had a poor qualifying, going off on final turn in a glock style and had a uneventful race however due to drop outs and accidents finished a solid (5th? 6th?).

Race two was much more enjoyable had a good grid slot and passed Ryan off the line, had some issues on lap 2 putting me to the rear of field to attempt to catch valerio and adam back up, was catching before locking a wheel under braking for the hairpin and shooting off into the gravel, kept it out of the wall however going into turn 1 of the last lap was a bit too hot trying to catch up nocked wheel off and was last of the finishers. Was a great race even with the poor final results for me.

Love these cars, never been a huge fan of suzuka but it was fun tonight, can't wait for next week :p.

Thanks to Ivo, Ryan and RD and of course to all who raced.

I didn't seem to get to grips with the mod at all. I never felt at one with the car and the car was very hard to control as you can't feel any movement until its too late.

Q1: Was lacking grip all the way round and could only manage 6th.

R1: Made a decent start off the line and only dropped one place going into the second corner then a slight touch of throttle out of the corner sent me spinning. Managed to keep it out of the wall and other cars. Rejoined the track and after another touch of the accelerator out of turn 3 and the car slid sideways into the wall knocking the front wing off and damaging the suspension. Got it back around to the pits where I changed onto soft tyres instead of mediums and most of the grip was back. Had a spin at the degna's again and then had to slow to allow everyone through to lap me. Lap 3 I had to avoid a slow moving Nick out of degna 2 and then whilst breaking for spoon, the damaged suspension shot me to the right and into the wall losing the front right corner of the car. Made it to the pits but overshot. Reversed it back into place but the crew still didn't want to know. After moving forward and back several times I was able to get them to start work, however they failed to give me a new wheel. I rolled out of pits only to get a stop/go for speeding somehow, so I just pulled over and retired.

Q2: Made it to turn 3 on the outlap before spearing into the wall losing my front wing. So started at the back.

R2: Made a good start only for someone to spear into the wall in front. Ryan crashed into him and I crashed into Ryan. Restart saw a lot of cars moving on the grid but I made another good start and was up to fourth at exit of turn 2, but another restart was required. This time I speared off into the pit wall but luckily got no damage. I just kept out of trouble at turn 2 and followed Valerio and for the rest of the lap only for him to make a mistake in the chicane. I got the run on him down through the final corner around the outside and out-dragged him down the straight. We were side-by-side and he was nowhere to be seen on my screen but before braking for turn 1 he appeared in my mirror. Slowly moved through the field due to crashes and got overtaken by a recovering Ryan when I ran wide for the degna's. Mainly tried to just keep it on track as I had a big lead but Valerio was catching me quickly and was within a second with a lap to go, but I managed to shake him off and came home in 5th.

Thanks to RD, Ryan, Ivo, and Valerio for our battle :)

was really a nice race thx guys for the fun!!!! the track is really nice, and also the cars aren't bad i like them a lot!!! :D

thx also to abdul that share his setup!!! :D

Qualy: i like the superpole format i was doing good in both qualy

Race1: started not well and lost a position, my race was going well and was in 4th position at 7minuts to the end, when i lost the control of the car and i hit the wall and i lost front wing and a tyre.....btw i decided to finish my race last with only 3 tyres, but at least i take it at home!!!! (the car wasn't so bad also with this problems.....i was only 40 seconds off my pace :p)

Race2: started better and after few laps i was second behind Abdul that was flying away......in a corner i did again an error and i was 5th after that......but in front of me there were some accident, so in the end i finished 2nd at only few second from abdul!!!! ;)

nice race guys.....thx all for the fun!!!!

Abdul, your setup seemed pretty good and my setup didn't seem far off yours. Just that your setup felt a bit too soft, and didn't give much feedback from the front end, so I stuck with my own, even though yours felt a little more grippy but a bit too unsettled by the curbs. I'm still trying to understand the car, and the limits of it and how to drive it best.

I'm not fond of the Superpole qualifying though.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.