Ford Transit Sound Mod

Sounds Ford Transit Sound Mod 0.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi ACFAN,
thanks for this. Definitely an improvement. Nice recording from Ben and nice tinkering from you.
Exterior is very nice especially the idle sound. Just two things about the interior.
I think it's too loud.
And it is way too "clear". It's like driving without any sound proofing in the cabin. Especially the turbo whistle becomes quite annoying after a while IMHO. It's almost like sitting inside the engine bay.
Just two small things I personally think could be improved upon. Anyway, very nice and welcome soundmod. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

Hi ACFAN,
thanks for this. Definitely an improvement. Nice recording from Ben and nice tinkering from you.
Exterior is very nice especially the idle sound. Just two things about the interior.
I think it's too loud.
And it is way too "clear". It's like driving without any sound proofing in the cabin. Especially the turbo whistle becomes quite annoying after a while IMHO. It's almost like sitting inside the engine bay.
Just two small things I personally think could be improved upon. Anyway, very nice and welcome soundmod. Thanks again. :thumbsup:

thanks for the feedback

I did tweak the interior sound to be soundproofed but my speakers started vibrating the whole room with the amount of bass playing through! so I thought it was too much and backtracked a little. Perhaps a little too much!

I don't think it is about adding bass but more about filtering out the higher stuff. Some tinkering with a proper equalizer would do wonders here. And to avoid trouble with bass just use a low cut off filter. No idea how this translates to Fmod though. For anything sound (music) related I use a DAW (Ableton) and VST plugins. I should have a look at Fmod one of these days and see how it all works. But no worries, you'll get there I'm sure.

I don't think it is about adding bass but more about filtering out the higher stuff. Some tinkering with a proper equalizer would do wonders here. And to avoid trouble with bass just use a low cut off filter. No idea how this translates to Fmod though. For anything sound (music) related I use a DAW (Ableton) and VST plugins. I should have a look at Fmod one of these days and see how it all works. But no worries, you'll get there I'm sure.

I didn't increase the bass at all haha. I probably lowered the treble and mid down too far and then had to increase the volume of everything to get any meaningful sound.

I'll keep tinkering

edit:
you see I keep coming across videos like these

where the turbo whine is very audible inside the cabin and also the sound proofing doesn't seem too good

I've just heard my sound on my headphones and the volume of a few samples on the interior need lowering slightly.

and of course if anyone has an mk6 or 7 transit and are willing to record some audio then feel free and done forget to send it here!

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies