Cars Ford Transit 2005 (WIP)

Anyone good with car AI? Just managed to cut about 1.5s off of their laptimes but they are still really slow (even for a van).

Not sure if its just a limitation of AC, watching onboard they seem to be doing all the right things, the lines (testing at Barcelona) seems really bad in places which isn't helping.

Anyone good with car AI? Just managed to cut about 1.5s off of their laptimes but they are still really slow (even for a van).

Not sure if its just a limitation of AC, watching onboard they seem to be doing all the right things, the lines (testing at Barcelona) seems really bad in places which isn't helping.
In my experience cars without downforce can be tuned more edgy for the AI, with the hint values closer to 1 or even above it (like tire hint seems to control how soon and how heavy the AI leans in the gas on corner exit)

In my experience cars without downforce can be tuned more edgy for the AI, with the hint values closer to 1 or even above it (like tire hint seems to control how soon and how heavy the AI leans in the gas on corner exit)
Yeah I found going quite a lot above 1 for tyre hint (think I settled on 1.2) gained a lot of time, about 1.5s at Barce. Still quite a long way off though, but better than it was.

HR to LR interior, 105k down to 10k. Brings the total tris from about 240k to 145k and cuts down draw calls quite a bit :) LOD B next.

dd8b56e7f5793db50e9a40572295b6e3.gif

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%