AC Ford RS vs Alfa GTAM @ Calabogie - Weds 21st Oct 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
must have down loaded by mistake the last time we used it.
one is 1970_alfa_romeo_gtam
the other one is alfa_romeo_gtam
we are using the first one?

must have down loaded by mistake the last time we used it.
one is 1970_alfa_romeo_gtam
the other one is alfa_romeo_gtam
we are using the first one?
I'm using the last one and I can use the server.

Last edited:
I thought the server nominated the car, meaning you have no choice.
The second Alfa is far easier to drive.
Has all it’s torque and power much lower in it’s Rev range
and does not seem to have silly toe changes with suspension deflection.

Just my point of view.:)

PS I am quite happy driving the first one though, just takes more getting used to it.

Last edited:
I thought the server nominated the car, meaning you have no choice.
The second Alfa is far easier to drive.
Has all it’s torque and power much lower in it’s Rev range
and does not seem to have silly toe changes with suspension deflection.

Just my point of view.:)

PS I am quite happy driving the first one though, just takes more getting used to it.
Will try and take a look this morning Ernie - I'm a bit confused 'cos I downloaded the '1970' version for the last race, so I just downloaded it again now and the folder name is alfa_romeo_gtam (no mention of 1970).

In my 'cars' folder (C drive) it's alfa_romeo_gtam, in my 'setups' folder (documents) there's two entries... the same as above and 1970_alfa_romeo_gtam. I'm guessing it's 'cos I didn't delete the old setups folder when installing the new one. The skins showing on Content Manager seem to show I'm on the latest version. Confused!:confused:

Last edited:
just to clarify it a bit more.

1970_alfa_romeo_gtam ( this seems to be the one on the server, Han seems to suggest he could choose )

Screenshot (35).png

alfa_romeo_gtam

Screenshot (34).png

Considering I don't even know who I am most the time, I would not put to much into the above,
this is how my PC sees it.
Quit happy with the top one, but for those that have problems keeping them on the track you could add the bottom one too.
For me much easier car to drive and still okay competitively.
I have now got used to the top one. :)

just to clarify it a bit more.

1970_alfa_romeo_gtam ( this seems to be the one on the server, Han seems to suggest he could choose )

View attachment 414022

alfa_romeo_gtam

View attachment 414023

Considering I don't even know who I am most the time, I would not put to much into the above,
this is how my PC sees it.
Quit happy with the top one, but for those that have problems keeping them on the track you could add the bottom one too.
For me much easier car to drive and still okay competitively.
I have now got used to the top one. :)
Mine is also the top one Ernie, I'd removed the old one :)

I'm sorry, I didn't want to confuse you. I only have the alfa_romeo_gtam (without 1970) installed on 23-07-2020 as you can see below. And because I can join the server, it must be the right version.

EDIT: I checked it and I'm using the bottom one indeed. If you both can use the upper one than apparently both versions will work, which is strange, isn't it? And damn, you have more torque :(:mad:!

1603206940642.png

Attachments

• 1603206914566.png
    1603206914566.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Well that solved that, easy to drive pick the Alfa_Romeo_gtam, somewhat more challenging then pick 1970_Alfa_Romeo_gtam.

Everyone’s a winner, folks. :)

Umm, if two different mods can both join the server then I suspect we need to fix the server. I'm very non-expert at this stuff though.

Umm, if two different mods can both join the server then I suspect we need to fix the server. I'm very non-expert at this stuff though.
I hope everyone will delete their old mod and download the latest version Neil - imo it's significantly faster, and easier to drive (due to better skins :roflmao:) . But I guess that has nothing to do with what you're talking about:p:laugh:

More importantly!!! Will you be joining us for this mad hooning fest?!;)

Last edited:
I hope everyone will delete their old mod and download the latest version Neil - imo it's significantly faster, and easier to drive (due to better skins :roflmao:) . But I guess that has nothing to do with what you're talking about:p:laugh:
Yeah, I can never remember which files the server needs to have in order to do the checksum comparison :)
More importantly!!! Will you be joining us for this mad hooning fest?!;)
Yup, am very much hoping to join you. No time yet for practice (or car choice!) but what the heck, please put me down for an Alfa for now and if I get a chance to practice and change my mind in time, who knows ;)

Yeah, I can never remember which files the server needs to have in order to do the checksum comparison :)
Yup, am very much hoping to join you. No time yet for practice (or car choice!) but what the heck, please put me down for an Alfa for now and if I get a chance to practice and change my mind in time, who knows ;)
Hope you can join us Neil, it's a corking combo, honest:whistling:;) I'll put a few spares up of each if you change your mind last min.

Last edited:
I really like these cars, so challenging, when you get it wrong and the car actually goes where it should it puts a smile on your face. When you go off circuit it really does not make much difference to your lap. It is the absolute opposite to GT3 and the like, It just never drives, well straight, you are always on it. :)

I really like these cars, so challenging, when you get it wrong and the car actually goes where it should it puts a smile on your face. When you go off circuit it really does not make much difference to your lap. It is the absolute opposite to GT3 and the like, It just never drives, well straight, you are always on it. :)
Same here Ernie, it seems to be a track made in heaven, in that you can hoon it, or be Mr Smooth and there's not much difference in times. The track fascinates me... how many triple apexes do you get in 'normal' tracks? ...and fewer still that you can combine in one gigantic slide for fun;)

Re the track limits - I changed them today and will do the same on the race server - fabulous track but the limits hit you on 5 corners for one wheel out which is very restrictive imo. I always set the server for 3 wheels out, 'cos, yer still on the black stuff!:p The track limits as they are could make quali a mess, and imo there's no lap time gain going outside the track limits.

Helloooo :p
I'm a helper bot, you need some help?
It's a thing of 2 minutes :whistling:

Server calls for specific file names (or folder name too.. I don't know about this).
As long as the files don't have the same name, only one car can join the server!
Things get messy when you have multiple versions for different users of the same file name in the same folder. Like with mod updates for examples.

Then the server needs ONE file, in the correct folder though. The checksum will then be compared.
If you wanna know which file:
Use the server tool on your own pc, click on "update content" or whatever it's called and the server tool will create a folder structure for all tracks and cars found in your normal ac folder.

Inside of this server-folder-structure you'll find one file per car. That file needs to be put on the server :p

Which is why AC servers are so small. Only contain ini, json and a few data files for checksums. No actual content needed!

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea