Cars Ford Anglia 1953

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a small impact:
f6qhDbDl.jpg

After a bigger one:
yzCjkuul.jpg

Couldn't really get them to 'flap' as such with the G-forces, but it certainly oscillates properly. Same with the exhaust, it oscillates with more throttle too :)

Edit*

After a very big side impact the doors don't stay very shut :confused: Bumpers are easy to knock out of shape though. Just need to get steam pouring out the bonnet :p

vrZAxeeh.jpg

teMQXXjh.jpg

Last edited:
Thought I should mention this beast (not made by me, but though some might be interested):

PbdFRJmh.jpg

Maybe not the most polished visually, this thing has to be driven to be believed - its an absolute monster. Its meant for the drag strip, and will beat just about anything, but as I just found out its a total hoot on circuits (at Spa here). Brakes aren't the best, and it has a tendency to fall over if you corner too fast (tyres have mega grip, obviously), but its a crazy challenge to keep on track.

Anyway, I though its might help fill the gap until the Anglia is ready, download is here If anyone is interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z53mj9ebdep2y8s/ford_popular_drag.rar?dl=0

Check out Flandre's other creations: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...andres-drag-pack-ford-popular-released.17120/

Also did a few details, number plates (without actualy numbers yet), handles etc.

nXBLCZ5h.jpg

4raqBCAh.jpg

Exterior mesh is now just about finished, just a few minor things left. Really need to work on texturing now, its all looking a bit flat. Can't wait to learn how to do AO, i think that'll improve things a lot. Done various hinges, bumper mounts and other details.

KXO5HuEh.jpg

HmdrPmSh.jpg

Also, just for fun: Can anyone guess how fast (or slow) this Anglia will complete a lap of Spa in? Whoever's guess is the closest wins a special prize :p Spent some time lapping yesterday, mostly taking in the scenery as it was more riveting than the actual driving :roflmao:

How the heck did you get it that high on the Monza banking anyway? I was running the A1 S1 there a bit and it seemed like above the yellow line was a >100km/h territory.

Anyway I'm saying 4:05. Tried a similar era economy car and that one had a 3:52, then dropped to 3rd gear and ran a 4:25 without ever exceeding 100km/h, so I think somehwere in the middle is solid.

Last edited:
How the heck did you get it that high on the Monza banking anyway? I was running the A1 S1 there a bit and it seemed like above the yellow line was a >100km/h territory.

Anyway I'm saying 4:05. Tried a similar era economy car and that one had a 3:52, then dropped to 3rd gear and ran a 4:25 without ever exceeding 100km/h, so I think somehwere in the middle is solid.

I guess you're talking about this pic?

0qv5kbkh.jpg

Yeah, It does't like being on the banking; not enough power and not enough grip. With a run up it can be done though, just not for long. And who says it can't do >100km/h? It can. Just :roflmao:

Thought I should mention this beast (not made by me, but though some might be interested):

PbdFRJmh.jpg

Maybe not the most polished visually, this thing has to be driven to be believed - its an absolute monster. Its meant for the drag strip, and will beat just about anything, but as I just found out its a total hoot on circuits (at Spa here). Brakes aren't the best, and it has a tendency to fall over if you corner too fast (tyres have mega grip, obviously), but its a crazy challenge to keep on track.

Anyway, I though its might help fill the gap until the Anglia is ready, download is here If anyone is interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z53mj9ebdep2y8s/ford_popular_drag.rar?dl=0

Check out Flandre's other creations: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...andres-drag-pack-ford-popular-released.17120/

Also did a few details, number plates (without actualy numbers yet), handles etc.

nXBLCZ5h.jpg

4raqBCAh.jpg
I would like to note that public development of all of my (FlandreNien) mods stopped a while back.

I do however look forward to the gary's Anglia. If his Transit is anything to go by, this will drive just as good as it looks in no time.

Has there been any progress on this thing recently? I'm a lover of slow British classics and have one myself (79 Triumph Spitfire), and was wondering if there was any plans of finishing this, or if it's been pushed to the side?

Excuse my ignorance, is this the car model that runs around autonomously in the forbidden forest after an encounter with that willow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 44 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 26 12.2%