FM8 FM8 Triple screen and VR?

Forza Motorsport 8 (Turn 10 Studios)
So exciting news I think is that MSFS2020 got triple screen in update 10, and the VR is now nicely optimised!

SInce MSFS2020 is based on the Turn10 FM7 engine, im keeping fingers crossed this means when the new FM comes out we will have VR and triple screen finally!
Yeaaaa - that would be really really good on both accounts. Hoping the time they've had away with the series means we're going to get something much better in term of FFB and physics as well. Though tbh - it was quite serviceable before - not AMS1 standard no, but it was okay. Just hope they tack on a LAN option which they may do (probs not) for events at physical locations thanks to esport events taking off.

"MSFS2020 is based on the Turn10 FM7 engine" - hey @TheRealCeeBee how do you know it is mate?

I would think there different as they do very different things?

Edit - ohh maybe it is, at least shares it's DNA

Edit - yeah it's the FTech Engine - SWEET!

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

No news on XBox VR and Forza primary audience is console crowd, from business view is not worth to invest into VR for 0.01% of Forza PC users using VR.

No news on XBox VR and Forza primary audience is console crowd, from business view is not worth to invest into VR for 0.01% of Forza PC users using VR.

Oh. So, no wheel support, while triple screens and FOV settings are out the window? Only a small percent of PC users has multiple screens and wheels, so why cater to a minority audience, right?

• Deleted member 197115

Oh. So, no wheel support, while triple screens and FOV settings are out the window? Only a small percent of PC users has multiple screens and wheels, so why cater to a minority audience, right?
That's right, reason most DD wheels are still not supported and there is no triple screen support. And ask Simucube folks how desperately they've been trying to reach out to Turn10 to get them support SC2, they don't even bother to respond, why, SC2 is PC only, not a mass consumer wheel, i.e. not worthy investment target audience.
Triple screen may come after all, as it might not be that huge of investment, but VR unless game designed with that in mind or engine supports it for "free" (we know how well it worked with UE4 and ACC), I just can't see this getting any serious considerations from MS, esp. considering current barren VR landscape.

Wish I am wrong though. Time will tell.

Keep in mind that many of the peripheral limitations were a byproduct of an OLD software engine. Hopefully, FM[8] will be modern enough to support all PC peripherals out of the box without any specialized programming.

Well, I am only an outside observer, and the word "and" didn't regester in my other reply. Which means, you are correct Alberto...

Judging from the takers of your bet, you are owed $1.00 from Dwightyone.

Well, I am only an outside observer, and the word "and" didn't regester in my other reply. Which means, you are correct Alberto...

Judging from the takers of your bet, you are owed $1.00 from Dwightyone.
No no wait, i have bet one TOUSAND, 1000€, so i won 1000, that was my bet that VR and triple screen would NOT ever arrive in ForzaMotorsport. And i was correct. So i won.
:)

Last edited:
No no wait, i have bet one TOUSAND, 1000€, so i won 1000, that was my bet that VR and triple screen would NOT ever arrive in ForzaMotorsport. And i was correct. So i won.
:)
It's not over until the fat lady sings son. When the next Forza Motorsport comes out and all development finishes on the current one only then will I pay up ONE buck! And ONE BUCK only will I pay! But to be honest I have little money, I poor man, if you hound me for one buck I'll declare bankruptcy so you'll get nothing out of me, NOTHING!!!!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 8 10.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.6%