FM4 FM Le Mans Series S1

Forza Motorsport 4 (Turn 10 Studios)
Hey guys. thought id just throw this out there, is anybody intrested in doing a lemans style series. it would be a dual class championship with GT's and LMP1's starting at sebring and ending with an endurance event at Lemans ) Races would take place on a sunday either in the afternoon or Evening, starting in april and will rotate once a month . as with the dtm league there will be a vetting event. car classes will have a nice mix of fast and slower guys in. To make this an intresting series, upgrades would be allowed to R1 998 For LMP1s and R2 875 for GT's

races are to be the last sunday of every month dates below, the vetting event will be the w/c 16th april and will be run midweek to to f1 2011 commitments

Planned Tracks and dates
  • April 29th - Round 1 - Sebring. USA 90 mins
  • May 27th - Round 2 - Circuit de Catalunya. Spain 2 hours
  • June 24th - Round 3 - Mugello. Italy 2 hours
  • July 29th - Round 4 - Silverstone. Great Britan 90 mins
  • August 26th - Round 5 - Suzuka Circuit. Japan 90 mins
  • Septmember 30th - Round 6 - Nurburgring Nordschlife. Germany 2 hours
  • October 28th - Round 7- Race Department Lemans Grand Prix. France 2hrs 30 mins
All assists are banned execpt line and gearing
User Created Designs and Setups Allowed.
Teams May be made but ill confirm this. Teams will be allowed one major sponsor (which appears on both cars) but designs may be individual

• 2nd 20
  • 3rd 15
  • 4th 12
  • 5th 10
  • 6th 9
  • 7th 8
  • 8th 7
  • 9th 6
  • 10th 5
  • 11th 4
  • 12th 3
  • 13th 2
  • 14, 15 and 16th 1
  • Overal Pole 5
  • Class Pole 3
  • Class win 10
Huge points on offer e.g. Finish First, win your class, get Overall Pole and Class Pole = 43 points

Allowed Cars
LMP1's - Limit R1 998
Chevrolet Racing Oreca FLM09 (all Models)
Acura Arx-01b (all Models) and ARX-02A (all Models)
Bentley Speed 7
Audi R15 and R15++
Aston Martin Lola
BMW LMR
Cadillac LMP-02
Ferrari F333SP
Panoz LMP-01
Peugeot Sport 908
Mazda B09/86
Toyota GT-One

GT' 1s - Limit R2 875
Aston Martin DBR9
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
McLaren F1 GTR
Maserati MC12
Nissan R390 GT1
Pagani Zonda GR
Saleen S7R

GT2's Limit 800
BMW Z4 GT3
BMW M3 GT2
BMW M3 GTR
Audi R8 LMS
Jaguar RSR XKR GT
Ferrari F430GT
Ferrari 458GT
Dodge Viper GTS-R
Ford GT Mk7
Panoz Esperante GTLM

See you all on the track

Intrested drivers (confirmed) = Confirmed drivers
Andrew Skinner (Confirmed)
Chris Bell (Confirmed)
Karl Raper
Tom Moreno(Confirmed)
Mark Turner
Bradley Cappas-jenner
Steve Freeman (Possibly) (Confirmed)
Jeffery Koranteng,
Billy

Planed Classes (based on sign Ups)
LMP
Jeffery Koranteng
Karl Raper
Steve Freeman

GT 1
Mark Turner
Tom Moreno
Chris Bell

GT2
Andrew Skinner
Ryan Silvestre
Billy Phelps

Yeah Graeme, first off- welcome to the fold- but yes your headset/mic was not working properly and you should have a look in to this. What setup are you using controller/headset wise? Although no-where near as bad as you, I regularly have difficulties with my standard Xbox headset plugged in to my CSR wheel and need to replace it with a wireless headset when I get a chance.

Apologies fellas, I had no idea my headset was making that noise. The one or two broadcasts I heard sounded all jumbled and ringy, I didn't realize it was on my end. I'm using the Turtle Beach Px21 which work great with the Ps3 but had to be somewhat rigged to get them to work with xbox and the CSR wheel. If it's a ringing it might have something to do with interference from the wheel or the fact that I have an old xbox and had to get that stupid optical adapter for HDMI. Anyway, i will make sure you guys don't get the ringing from me one way or another next time.

hey guys
this is the second round at every ones favourite Track, Circuit De Catalyuna

Track: Circuit De Catalyuna Spain
Duration: 2 Hours + 3 lap qualfing
All assists are banned execpt line and gearing
User Created Designs and Setups Allowed.
Start Time 7pm GMT (+1 BST (8pm))

2 stop minimum
Host: Tom Moreno. You will all get invites tho, if your in RDDC i can just send out club invites
Lobby will be set To Prototype 1 for LMP and GT2 for GT, Please check the car lists in game (start ou a game and in overides body type protoype 1 or GT2 for lists)

Catalunya again!! christ il be driving round this place in my sleep lol!! 31 laps in a DTM car followed by god knows how many in my BMW GT2 car..

Looking forward to it, is 7pm the start time, might be a little close to call for me as that's the kids bedtime, but il figure something out :)

also, apologies for missing the first round! didn't realise there was a race, but I have Daz's calendar now so im a little better organised now lol!

Is there any regulations on Car number, and are there any requirements i need to fulfill (i.e. Number plates,boxes etc).

Have found a livery on SF which I'm happy with but if I need to make my own I don't mind.. anybody doing any practice here in the run up to Sunday? like to see where im at, beginning to really enjoy Catalunya on Forza, always hated it on every other game.. lol

Here be the Porsche:

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

GetPhoto.ashx

Round - Round 2 Catalunya
Qualifying Report/Starting Position - 3rd
Race Report - Well.. Having done an awful lot of practice here this week and also completing a DTM race. I was hoping to do ok as I had a pretty good idea of track tendencies. It all started badly, I locked up on the first lap and then completely buggered up the turn 1 entry on lap 2 and before I knew it I was struggling in 3rd!, saw Chris spin off so went up to P2 for a while, Chris caught me up and then passed me into turn 1 (rather easilly, but if im honest, the Porsche seems quite twitchy and unpredictable in braking situations so I have to concentrate on getting the car slowed down in a straight line before thinking of corner entry, so couldn't defend myself really on that corner). Chris drove away from me, and made a mistake in the final sector so decided to take my pitstop. After that it was a long,lonely drive to the finish, with only the lapping of Andrew to look forward to. Finished the race 3rd overall but will take a 2nd in class, finished with a Fastest lap time in the same tenth of a second as Tom managed, which I can be happy with as Tom was immense here!

Round Summary - Happy with 2nd, I really hope that people start joining in as the GT cars provide one of the biggest challenges and a really fun to drive! Me personally, I think the pace was there by matching Tom's FL, but consistency is a big question mark for me at the minute, although im a level 101, about 80 of those levels were done using a pad, so im still relatively new using a wheel on this game but it will come as im seeing signs (an 8th, 5th and a 2nd finishing positions this week).

Round - Round 2 Catalunya
Qualifying Report/Starting Position - 5th
Race Report - I had a good start and managed to work my way through a load of cars seemingly struggling for grip on the opening lap to build up a comfortable lead. Chris arrived on the scene after a couple of laps and was getting ready to apply some pressure when he had a sideways moment and a spin at 9 Campsa and fell back in to 3rd behind Ryan. A few more laps and Chris was back to begin a 20 lap battle for the overall lead (Chris was the only LMP driver present but was allowed to guest drive a GT2 car in order to not get too lonely). Chris closed in and I made my one and only mistake of the race not getting enough purchase on braking off of my usual line into Curva Seat, allowing him to pass with ease up the inside as I worked to keep the car on-track. Instead of watching him pull away into the distance as I am accustomed, I stayed right with him keeping constant pressure on him and matching his lap times. After several laps on his tail I got great traction out of Chicane RACC and Curva New Holland and was just a couple of feet off his rear bumper down the long straight. Even with the draft I couldn't better his top speed (especially that damned 5th gear of his) but positioned my car on the inside line for the braking zone into Elf managing to get side-by-side with him through the apex and the two cars were neck and neck all the way through Curva Renault (3) where my inside track position afforded me better traction and allowed me to complete the pass! By this point I was in sweats and near panic attacks but I settled down and kept the pace up frustrating Chris for probably about 10 laps before he was finally able to send one up the inside at Seat if I remember correctly. I kept up with him for a few laps after that but started losing traction very suddenly from overheating tyres (I had not driven at anything near this pace in practice) and knew that the overall win had slipped away with just a couple of laps to go.

Round Summary - Very happy with another class victory. Had a brilliant battle with Chris for 2/3rds of the race and was very pleased with my consistency throughout. Shame that because Chris and I were racing in close quarters the game didn't count any of our rash of fastest laps as I managed to get down to a 1:48.8 and was well pleased with that even though the game only showed a 1:49.4 or something in that region!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.