F1 2011 Flickering graphics .

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I just installed the new F1 2011 and the game runs very smoothly , but the graphics flickers . I'm no computer smart-ass , but these are my computer specs . Hope you can help .

Intel Core 2 @2.4gHz
2GB Ram
32bit Vista
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

And this is a clean computer with almost nothing . Please , thanks .

You're using DirectX 9. This game doesn't do DX10. Now do you mean the shadows flicker or the whole screen flickers? Is anything overclocked? Either use MSI afterburner or GPU-Z to monitor your graphic card temperature. You can also use CPU-Z or RealTemp to monitor CPU temperature.

I've checked , I used DirectX 10 . And the flickering starts from the very first black and white logo of "F1 2011" , and continues through out till the game ends . The whole screen flickers . Maybe i must downgrade to DirectX 9 ?

Okay . Now that directx 10 is not supported , i cant downgrade to directx 9 nor upgrade to directx 11 . So that means , settings wise , there's nothing i can do right ?
You just have DX10 runtime installed. It doesn't mean the game will try to force DX10. The game will automatically use DX9. It is working as it should and you don't have to do anything. It could be overheating issues. Did you check the temperatures?

@William Yeap , only the game does it . It works well with Fifa , works well with others . All except all F1 games . In F1 2010 , it gives very lagging graphics , i tried it on all computers but only worked in a workstation desktop . In F1 2011 , it gives a flickering graphics , i did try on the workstation , it works flawlessly , but i need help to get it work on my normal desktop .

@taz1004 I've not check temps . One question , do i check temps when F1 2011 is running or when its not running or both ?

@Apex1972 How much is a gtx550ti and the 560ti ?

Am thinking its a heat problem with the graphics card to check the temp when your playing F1 2011 download msi afterburner, this will let you see temps when your in game, also you can control the fan speed of your graphics card which in turn will get rid of the flickering.
Download the msi afterburner put the graphics card fan speed on 100% then go try f1 2011. Let me know what happens when you try it see if the flickering is gone.

The gtx550ti is around £99 and the 560ti is around £140 depending where you get them from.

Hi william . Thanks so much . I've tried MSI Afterburner . Under normal circumstances , my GPU Temperature is clocking at 97/100 . Upon running F1 2011 , it clocks at 100/100 . You guys are dead right !

Now that we've discovered the problem , is there anything we can do to rectify the problem ?

And no burning smell? Does the Afterburner report that the fan is running? At what speed? I would clean inside your computer case first. Get some compressed air. If all else fails, open your case and put a big box fan against it. This will also throw large amount of dust in your case too so you need to clean it regularly.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.6%