Finish Line in Sight as Manor Folds

You make a very good point Colin I think the budget cap might have been one way to keep teams on smaller budget's in the game and surely if they encouraged a budget cap they would produce a better competition. It would be a shame to see the whole sport become even more budget driven with big teams only.

When Haas joined it showed a possible way forward as they had history in other motorsport which might be the future but only if their are some rule led controls. I think they need under the new stewardship to look at the whole business model and may be look at how other sports are working to try and increase competition.

The TV deal for example with Premiership football has brought much needed financial support to smaller teams which other wise would have sunk.

May be there is a rich Chinese business man who fancies a team or what about a US backed team that can build and source everything in the US or may be that is what Haas is all about longer term so what about people like Roger Penske (you never know stupider ideas have happened).

What about thinking outside the box and companies like Apple, Google, Facebook and hundreds of others could certainly afford it and would be a massive opportunity for marketing at a whole new level these are the sort of ideas that have to be considered if you want a sport to not just die through lack of funding.

When you think about it this is exactly what Red Bull have done they had no experience in the motor racing world when they started but now the Red Bull sports brand is every where so lets not discount any ideas.

Would love to see a Google or Facebook team just like Redbul or Coca Cola or Pepsi team or even Guiness team, would be cool so cool.
Dont understand why there is no interest from major companies or even audi, porsche, Lambos, Ford etc etc etc so many companies to enter.

Audi, Porsche and Lambo are all part of the volkswagen group. VW did have some interest in having it's brands participate in F1 but right now F1 is in a bit of a flux: Anything can change, and that's not a good enviroment for investment (or read it in their own words). Also, they probably need the money for paying those emission fines. Ford only wants to compete in motorsports in which it can show it's own cars. That leaves out a few other big manufacturers, obviously, but I suspect that for any of them you can find a reason that matches those two.

The sad thing is just that there's no real reason to compete in F1 aside from having the privelige of competing in F1. A lot of manufacturers are interested in GT racing because GT3 is at it's heart a costumer racing program: You actually see some money back on your investments because people can actually buy a GT3 car. Furthermore, he improvements you make for the chassis and engine and suspension (etc.) in the GT3 car find their way back into your road car product. Investing in Formula E is interesting because it means investing into electronic technology which is the inevetable way forward for cars, whether you want it or not. Le Mans style endurance racing is interesting because it combines those two. Formula 1 is just too far disconnected from reality to be of interest.

The sad thing is just that there's no real reason to compete in F1 aside from having the privelige of competing in F1. A lot of manufacturers are interested in GT racing because GT3 is at it's heart a costumer racing program: You actually see some money back on your investments because people can actually buy a GT3 car. Furthermore, he improvements you make for the chassis and engine and suspension (etc.) in the GT3 car find their way back into your road car product.

Same reason why a lot of manufactures go into touring car racing. Normal people could watch it and be like "These Honda Civics seem quite good, I might consider getting one the next time I need a new car."

Same reason why a lot of manufactures go into touring car racing. Normal people could watch it and be like "These Honda Civics seem quite good, I might consider getting one the next time I need a new car."

I actually have that whilst watching touring car racing :redface:: I got a much bigger appreciation for Citroën from seeing them building such sturdy cars in Rally and the WTCC.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.