Final DLC - any guesses?

Wasn't it supposed to be a single manufacturer? Its all gone very quiet. Maybe with all the delays to REIZA17/AMS2 they feel its time to move on to that project full time.

Yeah, it's supposed to be a 'car pack from a major manufacturer', although who knows what is going on there since this was slated for release back in mid 2017.

Im not sure Reiza can just quit and move onto 'Reiza17' fully since they are still advertising this car pack on Steam. That would definitely be some false advertising if it doesnt come out.

33923741_10156553517042743_822233358099546112_o.jpg

This image has appeared on Reiza's Facebook page with the comment: "Some exciting new things coming up on the horizon..."

They dont need to buy, they just need to sell it inside the game like Kartsim did, I bet that way they'd sell more than the total from AMS, specially if those tracks remain "exclusive" (nobody else is able to license them to sell inside rF2 again, wouldn't make sense to do it anyway) so people would buy them to play with the rest of S397 content.
I mean make an Automobilista pack inside rF2 where you can only buy the whole pack no separated item, with a good price an official Interlagos license alone could make people buy it, specially if they manage to laser scan the track

They dont need to buy, they just need to sell it inside the game like Kartsim did, I bet that way they'd sell more than the total from AMS, specially if those tracks remain "exclusive" (nobody else is able to license them to sell inside rF2 again, wouldn't make sense to do it anyway) so people would buy them to play with the rest of S397 content.
I mean make an Automobilista pack inside rF2 where you can only buy the whole pack no separated item, with a good price an official Interlagos license alone could make people buy it, specially if they manage to laser scan the track

Horrible idea in my opinion. If I were Reiza, I would stay as far away from S397 and rF2 as possible at the retail level. Why tarnish your perfectly polished product by associating it with (making your customers deal with) a still-terrible product from a typical user experience perspective. Reiza can run circles around S397 in almost every way that counts.

If we consider both rF2 and AMS as evolutionary of rF1, AMS is superior in every single way except for the graphics required for real weather and day/night transitions. Superior--really? Yes, because even though rF2 has some advanced technologies compared to AMS, none of them are implemented properly or consistently. Everything that AMS has implemented works well. It is a much better base to evolve from, first with a new graphics engine and then by incrementally adding more technologies that were for whatever reasons not easy to do or impossible in the current engine.

Others will disagree, but as a single example of what I am talking about, I would rather have somewhat rudimentary graphics for dirt and grass on the car tires, but have plausible grip and tire temps when you go off track that put up with the ridiculous rF2 situation of having the sound of gravel sticking on the tires when come back on track after an off, but no graphic reflection of that, inconsistent and often implausible grip off track and when you return to track, and a bugged tire temps situation that for 5 years or so has seen the tires almost start on fire from excessive heat as you slide across wet grass.

Sorry, but Reiza would have either not released that feature, or taken about five days to fix it, not five years. There are at least a dozen examples like the one above that I don't have time to elaborate here, but it is a consistent and common theme. Reiza programs the things that matter that you can see and feel at a level that impresses and is within the range of adjust-ability of our hardware (PC and controllers). ISI launched a science experiment that more often than not was an over-reach resulting in one or two gem elements mixed in with a bunch of inconsistent and unpolished crap. It is so frustrating because when all the stars align, the gems outshine anything else out there. But when the gems are 10% of the product, it results in the poor reception and sales that we all know have plagued rF2 since the beginning. Reiza needs a product with some mass appeal now that they have polished AMS to its ultimate extent. The AMS base is perfect as a starting point to add consumer appeal with better graphics. That then allows further technical development for us hard core sim freaks AND the development of more widely popular racing series, games, achievements, whatever is needed to generate sales to people who aren't so exacting, but still might appreciate plausible, credible, highly polished presentation and product. That seems to still be at least a couple of years away for rF2, if it ever arrives. (See desperately needed new UI announced how long ago that still hasn't arrived?)

All Reiza really needs is a new graphics engine to continue on the superior path they are already on. If that's the rF2 engine from S397, they can choose it. Given the generally appalling and inconsistent graphics performance from rF2 since its inception, I would be shocked if that was the best choice. And unless ISI and S397 programmers are all incompetent (I do not believe that), getting the lighting, shadows and other important elements optimized seems to be either impossible or incredibly difficult compared to other graphics engines.

I would like S397 and Reiza to collaborate on some items technically, if they think it is mutually beneficial. Obviously the code base has similarities for some items. Closer actual integration of the products would be disastrous for Reiza in my opinion.

Honestly only had to read the first paragraph to know what was coming so excuse me but I skipped the rest.
To answer that question: maybe Reiza knows what is coming as updates to rF2 and that helped them to make their decision. It's not like S397 is telling everything in their road maps.
Obviously this about them selling content in rF2 is just speculation from my part, mostly helped by the fact that Niels was working in rF2 some time ago

Last edited:
Agree with Marc Collins. Stay as far away from rf2 as possible. Those guys are a total train wreck and have proven time and again that they cannot deliver a polished product.

I have 100% confidence in Reiza getting this right if they go it alone.

I think rF2 is a good choice and makes perfect sense for familiarity and porting existing content or tech (AI, sound, etc). rf2 itself is making good progress. By the time AMS2 is completed it will have its new UI and competition platform. I don't understand the hate really. Studio397 are good guys too and 2 smalls game studios working in part together are stronger.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.