F1 2012 Filming of Laps/Races

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
As I see a lot of videos on here. Just wondered how most of you film your laps races? Do you all have some hardware that connects to your console or do you film it in various other ways?

I see you're talking about consoles. For consoles - yes you need a hardware. And it costs a lot. Unfortunately I can't tell you anymore as I've only seen one in real life but never searched about it. All I know is you connect it to your PC and to your console and it records.

Yeah what you are probably seeing the work of is an HD Capture Card. They are not cheap but they are the best thing for console users to use. For tips on which one is best or the specific pricing of one, I am not the guy but I'm sure there is info about if you're interested.

Thanks you two. I did think it was one of those capture cards. I just wasn't 100% sure. As quite a lot of people have videos on here, guessing PC users it's a little easier then!

Thankfully one of my friends has a capture card from back when we used to play call of duty a lot so will ask him about them!

Thanks you two. I did think it was one of those capture cards. I just wasn't 100% sure. As quite a lot of people have videos on here, guessing PC users it's a little easier then!

Thankfully one of my friends has a capture card from back when we used to play call of duty a lot so will ask him about them!

There is a capture device that is not so much money that some of the xbox users record with, but you have to race in SD instead of HD.
I use a small HD camcorder that i got used and a tripod i found in a lost and found (unclaimed). Then i upload to computer, edit, compress and save, and upload to youtube. the quality is not as good as a capture card would be but it does the job.

Well I will have a look around, just find the best way to get tips from others on where I may be going wrong is by them seeing your laps, so something would come in handy. Maybe my mate is willing to sell his! Might be worth a shot.

Thanks for the tips guys, was thinking my webcam but the quality would be awful and trying to position it to get my TV could be a tough one!

James as Karl pointed out the cheapest way of recording is with the device I use. It does a decent job but only records SD an you have to play the game in SD too. Its called the Ezcap 116 and costs about twenty quid. Check out the video I took of part of the Abu Dhabi race and you can see what it records like (that was after converting and compressing it). Its served me well but like I say the drawback its you have to race in SD.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%