Resource icon

Misc Fictional Tyre Set 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
aagancia submitted a new resource:

Fictional tyre set (version 1.1) - Tyres

re-uploading...

This may not make sense for everyone. I did this just for my own amusement. Those playing with fictional teams may want to use this.

Each tyre compund is made by a different manufacturer.

previewmvr.jpg

alternate link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?w0qk6p740zmrv1l

Read more about this resource...

As i said,i say it again.All these tyres are for me the best mods for this game!These things make this game to a new game-simply epic.Your´s and weeks before from Rian Speed.Not to forget Ryder,has opened the way for change tyre manufactures!:thumbsup:Thanks to you all ;)
2013-03-27_00001.jpg

And these wonderful firestone tyres...Many thanks:inlove:

As i said,i say it again.All these tyres are for me the best mods for this game!These things make this game to a new game-simply epic.Your´s and weeks before from Rian Speed.Not to forget Ryder,has opened the way for change tyre manufactures!:thumbsup:Thanks to you all ;)
View attachment 37195
And these wonderful firestone tyres...Many thanks:inlove:

Thank you. It really makes your target car complete. I'll be releasing a firestone set very soon.:)

no, it does not change the grip level of the tyre compund. Just the skins. But, a quick tweak on the render-materials.xml can swap any of the tyre into the inter or wet slot.

tyreXXX.tga - contains textures for the static tyre wall and alpha channels for the dry tyre branding.
tyreXXX_blur.tga- contains textures for the spinning tyre wall and alpha channels for the wet tyre branding.

The difference between using the spinning tyre wall texture and not is nearly none. Personally, I just cannot see its effect while the car is in motion. Also, since I do not use the alpha channels in this mod, I just decided to not use the tyreXXX_blur.tga to keep the render xml simple and keep the pssg file size at a minimum.

You can also apply the same technique if you are working on a multi tyre mod for each team/car to minimize the amount of textures you need to import into each car pssg.

Well, I copied the tyremed which was set as replacement for TBlurTyreMap at the general tyre_walls and used it as tyre_blur and placed it into those tyres w/o blur. Though, I agree I don't really notice the blur anyway, at least not with multi tyres render file.

I still struggle whether I should keep the colors all zero as using 13 different tyre walls may ruin the optic.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 35 14.8%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 28 11.9%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 32 13.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 30 12.7%
  • Friday

Votes: 80 33.9%
  • Saturday

Votes: 134 56.8%