Carlos Diaz

Happily driving a "girly" car
flyermix.jpg

Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed
Vehicles:
Race1: Mini Cooper 1310 (download)
Race2: Fiat Abarth 131 (download)
Track: Limerock Park *no chicane (Download)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 24 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the mods.

I was on the server practicing ( about 1:00 GMT ) and went off to change cars and now can't connect to the server. Tried a few times over the last couple of hours. Rebooted game/ computer but no go. I hope that I can connect for Tuesday's event.

Gah!

Crash was my fault, but 180 sec to fix it was about 3 laps :frown:

Haven't felt great all day, decided that tonight would only get worse, and that I'd probably screw more people's races up, retired gracefully, hope it went well :good:

Sorry to Bob M. for the touch

Good 2 races for me in a rare club appearance.

Race 1 - Managed to get the mini up to 2nd through more luck than skill. Was losign 2 seconds a lap to Nigel, so decided it wasn't worth teh effort and tried to just stay steady and consolidate 2nd. As it turned out i couldn't keep up a good enough pace despite not having any accidents etc. I was caught and passed by Bob H and Warren to eventually come home 4th. Which was fine for a first time in the mini 1310.

Race 2 - The Fiat is much more suited to my tail happy style, obviously being RWD..... Manged to get a good start and was 3rd behind Nigel where I stayed for 18ish laps. There was no way past no matter how hard i tried, we were just too evenly matched. It was an awesome battle though, only ending when I dipped a wheel in the dirt in T1 and had a pathetically slo-motion trip through the gravel, after that the tyres refused to get back up to temp and I cruised it home.

Cheers Carlos, good event tonight!

Well, a night of 2 different drives.

Race 1: Q4, had a slightly bad start and slipped to 5th, then someone missed a turn and I followed Thommo in 4th place. Then Thommo lost it going up the hill, and I was 3rd. Panicked slightly, but managed to stay on the track for a few laps. Go to the 2nd to last turn with Warren catching me and caught the kerb. A barrel roll with a pike and double twist later, and I was down to 5th. Many laps later, with Carlos breathing down my neck, I just managed to bring it home without losing the place.

Race 2: Messed up my Q, then messed up my race. Tapped Phil off at T2, waited for him, passed him, then spun at the hill. Many spins later, with a car that wasn't turning properly, I quit.

Good racing gents, 'til next week!

Cheers Carlos & RD :)

Nice to be back with the friendly GTL crowd again, even if I was rusty. With DST now finished in Europe, I should be more regular again.
Wow, what an action packed return for me. :D

Race 1 - Mini1310:
Qualified P2 behind a flying Nigel. I was hoping for a really good battle with Nigel, but early events conspired to change that but made for a very interesting race for me.
Thommo slipped past me after my usual sluggish start, but unfortunately, it looks like I squeezed Bob off track in turn 1 whislt trying to make sure Stuart had plenty of room. Sorry Bob. I managed to sneak past Stu down the main straight and later passed Nigel when he went wide in the turn 1 & 2 complex.
A couple of laps later, I had a wild ride, clipping the inside curb exiting the final turn, flipping onto two wheels down the straight. I tried feverishly to keep it upright as I impersonated a stunt driver, and managed to save it from rolling, but slid off into the grass sideways into the fence and bounced back onto the main straight. As I crawled back down the straight, I had Tim and Tom hurtling towards me side by side. :eek::eek: Thankfully, both flew past me, one left, the other right. Phew!!. :redface:
Tim went off in spectacular style, then I got tangled up with Tom as he recovered from a two wheel experience, but he was weaving all over the track, resulting in me spinning over the hump. Back to P5 now behind Carlos, with Bob now recovered and on my tail. I finally settled into some clean laps and moved into P2 (after a great scrap with Tom for a while :) ).
Late in the race, I had a terrible but unfortunate crash with Jack. Jack was catching Erling, just as I was about to lap Jack. We all converged onto the tricky turn 1, 2, 3 section at different speeds. Erling went right to let Jack pass, Jack went left to avoid Erling, and I clipped Jack as he moved across into my path. This launched Jack into the air like a rocket, with several twists and pikes, crashing back to earth in front of me. Very sorry Jack, not sure I could have missed you though, just one of those unlucky incidents. :sorry: As we all slowed to regroup, Bob almost became tangled up in it too.
I then followed Bob for the final few laps until he went wide on the last lap, letting me through to finish P2 after a race full of thrills and spills. :)
Grats to Nigel for a huge win and well done to Bob to recover for third. :good:

Race 2 - Fiat 131:
Much less eventful this time. Qualified P4. I managed to hold P4 for a few laps, getting a good view of the scrap in front between Nigel and Bob, whilst having Tom all over my tail. I then made two horrible mistakes (including parking it nose first into the tyre wall) and dropped to P6. From then on, it was a fairly lonely and uneventful run to the finish to remain P6.
Grats to Carlos for the win, and WD to Bob and Nigel for the podium.

All good fun, thanks to all for some interesting racing. :)

I enjoyed the second race. The first one was over by the middle of the first lap (grumble). Sorry to Hans, who I think I tapped in the second race at turn 1. It was nice talking to Bob after the races, when I finally got the hang of teamspeak. Hope to be around here and there, although 3 PM on Tuesdays is not exactly the best time for me, seeing as I have to go to work...(this is Thanksgiving holiday week here in the States).

Are there any weekend GTL races around?

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 52 27.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 36 19.1%
  • Trophies

Votes: 21 11.2%
  • Forum trophies